One mile track race in July (Read 349 times)

Gig

This past year, my goal was to break 7:00, and I did it!! I've been able to shave off 15 to 20 seconds for the past several years. This year, I went from a PR of 7:21 to a new PR of 6:49. For next year, I'm shooting for something a little bit different, and a skoche more ambitious. I want to break six minutes. Before you start shouting that it's a completely unrealistic goal, take a look at my workout from November 5. I did ten 800s and averaged 3:13, with 3:06 as my best. Before this year, I've haven't focused on speed, just distance. This year, I set a PR of 42:08 for an 8K (4.96 miles). That was in August. Two months later, I set a PR for a five miler of 37:44. Maybe I can't do a six minute mile, but I'm going to try (and I'm going to do it, so there). I'm having a hard time finding a training program specifically for a one mile race. For the marathon I'm running Saturday, I used FIRST. I loved the spreadsheet! Is there anything similar for a one miler?
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

In his book Daniels' Running Formula, he has a program geared towards 800m~1500m runners. I plan on using some oh his workouts in May to prepare me for running the 800m and mile at a track meet.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

You don't need to do anything specific until about 6 weeks before your goal race. Until then: run a lot, mostly easy, sometimes fast.

Runners run