Hills... What's your take? (Read 570 times)

I love running on varied topography for the resistance value it gives. We also have large river levees in my area that are great to sprint up and down. I'm recovering from stress fx on both tibs so I'll have to ease into running on any surface. I've heard that hills/slopes aggrevate all kinds of injuries. Is it true? What do you think? Any links to any official studies will also be appreciated.
      I LIEK TO RUNN ON HILLS. THEY MAK MY BUT LIKE BUBBLES. THE BOYS LIEK THAT.
        I LIEK TO RUNN ON HILLS. THEY MAK MY BUT LIKE BUBBLES. THE BOYS LIEK THAT.
        Ummm.... Can you please retype that in english?
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ummm.... Can you please retype that in english?
          I don't think she knows English.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have known Babs for some time, over on another message board (Hey Babette, how's it going). I think she said this: "I like to run on hills. They give me a bubbly butt. The men like that."

SMART Approach

Hills are great but don't sprint up them. Keep your pace normal and they are of extreme value on training runs. If doing a hill work out, simply 3-5 surges for 30 sec. at a hard pace (not sprinting) can be very beneficial with full recoveries. But with injury recovery don't be doing official "hill work" now. Training runs are fine but don't push up them.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

You can never run a hill too hard, you will collapse before hurting it. Big grin