Your Best 1 Mile Time??? (Read 803 times)

Wally & Leela

I am pretty new to running & very new to this site. I was just wondering what everyone's best 1 mile times are??? I know most all of you are faster than me and I'm just curious I ran a mile today and gave it my 100% effort and I managed a 8:05 minute mile. I think that is very good for me...I am not setting the track or roads on fire by any means...lol

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. --Confucius

I have never gone out an drun a mile race or a mile time trial but I ran a 6:04 during a 5K race a couple of years ago.
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
        My fastest mile time back when I was 20 was a 4:26. Since returning to running last year after a 10 year break, it's been 5:04... but I'm hoping to break that on July 14th at a local 1 mile race. Big grin

Slow-smooth-fast

on a 10k race a week or so ago, i did a first mile of 6:02 and suffered for the rest of the race. I expect I can do about 5:50

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

4:37.4 (actually for 1600m, so about 4:39.0 for 1 mile)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Burninated Peasant

My best was 4:35, I think, back in high school. These days, I think I'd be happy if I could get close to 5 minutes even. I think 5:20 is probably realistically about what I'd run at the moment.
              Wingz

Professional Noob

I've never raced a mile, but according to McMillan's Running Calculator I should be able to race a mile at 9:44... I've been running about 1 3/4 years... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

i've never tried but guess i'd be about 7mins. maybe when the track season starts over here (october?) i might be able to have a go at one.
                    The only mile race I can remember was an intramural track meet in college. I ran 4:5? and got passed by at least one person (probably 2 or 3)at the finish. Memory is a little fuzzy, it was 25+ years ago. The way my hamstrings feel these days, I'd be afraid to race a distance that short anymore.
                      My current roadblock is 4:40. Before that it was at 5:00. I have one more year of high school left so we will see what happens.
                      JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Fastest I've run the miles was at the multi-distance classic. On consecutive days they ran a 1 mile, a 5 mile and a half marathon. Ran a 5:34 and though I was going to die. That was back in 1992 though. Now, I'd be lucky to be able to run a 6:00 mile.
                          Fastest mile in high school was probably 5:40. I haven't raced anything that short since then, but I ran repeats around 6 flat a few weeks ago so I imagine my race time would still be about the same.
                            HS 1600m 4:11 College 1500m 3:51 Old guy ran a 4:59 1600 on the track in early spring. I think I could go faster right now.
                            Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD
                            Scout7

My fastest mile time in HS was down around 5:10-5:20. My fastest 2 mile time was around 10:45. I prefer long stuff.
                              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

HS 1600m 4:11 College 1500m 3:51
                                Daaayyyyeemmm Cougar, nice jets there! Shocked

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.