Shoe insert (Read 875 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

This is kind of a goofy topic but I had to get some opinions. I just bought a pair of 2007 Nike Air Pegaus. However, the insole/insert has a weird bump. Once I took the insert out I like the way the shoe feels so far. Do you see any problems with running without the insole/insert thing? The shoe has gotten great reviews and I have been wanting to try them out. Should I run without the insole or buy different inserts? Anyone ever try this?
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      a lot of the new nike's have that. i have the zoom elite and for the first 5 minutes it was kind of strange, but now i'm use to it and love it. having that extra metatarsal lift is nice.
      RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I think what I will do next week is try it once both ways on an 8 mile run. I can see which way I like it best or if I don't like either way. So far I really like the shoes and the price is pretty good. Plus I really like the look of the shoe and the reflective spots on it.
          2011 Goals:
          Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
          Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
          Buying a different insert, if that's your choice, won't hurt anything. About 10 years ago I had a nasty run-in with Plantar Fasciitis, and wound up with custom fitted orthotics. Like anything else, it took a bit of time to get used to, but eventually I didn't even know they were there.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Princess Cancer Pants

I developed tendonitis under my right foot (and started to under my left) from insufficient arch support in my NB shoes. I tried a pair of Asics Kayanos for about a month that made my arches feel better, but they were too narrow for my feet (even in a wide) and screwed up my right knee. So I went back to my NBs, but purchased some Sof Sole Athlete insoles that were perfect. I now am using these in all of my NB shoes (I use the Arch model in my 902s, since they are a less stable, lighter-weight, more flexible shoe and I want to do all I can to keep my arches from over-flexing in those). k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown