Tai Chi (Read 990 times)

MrH

You can make a reasonable not-puke beer ice cream float with a nice porter.  For real.

You gotta admire that kind of out of the box thinking.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

xor

The Maui Brewing Company makes a yummy coconut porter that is so damn sweet it can only be consumed in tiny quantities or as part of something like an ice cream dish.

Maui Brewing Company's beers

Just Happy to Run

You can make a reasonable not-puke beer ice cream float with a nice porter.  For real.

Thanks for the tip!  I'm going to give it a shot, but maybe not tonight.  I've got a 5k race in the morning.  Sure, it's called the Dino Dash, and I'm running it with my 5 year old daughter and it'll take about an hour and half to complete...  but I better wait till later anyway.   

Cool thing is that my daughter really really wanted to run a race after seeing me do my Little Rock half marathon so I entered us in this 5k tomorrow.  She's super excited.  Even better, I've never ran a 5k before, so my PR will end up being the same as hers!  

Jason

2010 Goals
        • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles

I'm running it with my 5 year old daughter[.]

Sweet!  Good luck!

BTW...these are my absolute favorite type of RA threads; i.e., ones that read like the old telephone game:

Q: Anyone here do tai chi?

A: Beer and ice cream!

And yes, can't wait to try a porter float.

“I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz
          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Cool thing is that my daughter really really wanted to run a race after seeing me do my Little Rock half marathon so I entered us in this 5k tomorrow.  She's super excited.  Even better, I've never ran a 5k before, so my PR will end up being the same as hers!  

That's really neat Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

To clarify, I called it "reasonable not-puke".

I didn't say "good dessert".

If you like it, cool, but don't expect that.

Best Present Ever

Thanks for the tip!  I'm going to give it a shot, but maybe not tonight.  I've got a 5k race in the morning.  Sure, it's called the Dino Dash, and I'm running it with my 5 year old daughter and it'll take about an hour and half to complete...  but I better wait till later anyway.   

how did the race go?? 

Just Happy to Run

how did the race go?? 

Fantastic!  We did it in 57:13.  Miri loved every bit of it, but three quarters of the way through she said matter of factly "Daddy, I think next time I just want to do the 1k.".      

Jason

2010 Goals
                  • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles

Best Present Ever

Fantastic!  We did it in 57:13.  Miri loved every bit of it, but three quarters of the way through she said matter of factly "Daddy, I think next time I just want to do the 1k.".      

How fun!  tell her I've had that same thought.