Totally unproductive Monday...anyone else in that club? (Read 627 times)

My mind simply would not focus on a single thing today. I hate when that happens. This means tomorrow I'll have to pay attention for sure!! I think I need to have someone disconnect my Internet here at work!! NO, NOT REALLY, please don't do that!!! Shocked

Michelle

Angry Guilt wouldn't allow me to end my Monday that way, here I am back at work...

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Huh...wha? Oh, sorry, wasn't paying attention... Tongue Seriously, this weather really does make it hard to do anything constructive--and it's really not even all that awesome, yet! Once we hit the 60s I'm going to be useless for anything other than obsessing over being outdoors! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I've had days like that before, totally get it. Wink OTOH, without mentioning the weather, I will just say that today was fabulosa! Cool I even tacked on a swim workout after my run!

Jennifer mm#1231

I am totally jealous!!! I only saw the outside while I was in between work and taxi cab driving (for the kids)...and it was gorgeous out there. OH...and I was outside while I applied my new 13.1 sticker onto my mini-van! I moved that lovely soccer ball magnet down and over. Big grin

Michelle

next time you go to a race expo, look for the Running Divas vendor. She gives away a free sticker...it's a little thin thing that says, running divas Big grin Oh, I have a few of her t shirts too...cool logos. 'cause yanno, we ARE running divas! Cool I'm glad you said you put that 13.1 on your mini van, I stuck a 26.2 on mine after my first marathon and have sorta felt silly about it. Blush

Jennifer mm#1231

I'll have to check out the running divas thing, thanks. As for my 13.1 sticker. I like for people to see me for all the things I do, for my sake and for my kids' sake. When people see four kids pile out of a mini-van they usually aren't expecting to see a mom who can say she ran a half marathon. I know there are more moms out there who are active in sports and I wish they would do the little things like put that silly sticker on the back of their van. I view it as incentive. It might inspire someone who was considering getting into running, or thinking of training for a half or whole marathon. Plus it's exciting to see another vehicle with the same sticker, almost like seeing a member of the family!! It might be a phase and perhaps I'll take the sticker off down the road, but for now, I like to see it there, it makes me smile. Big grin

Michelle

Yes For the record...I did catch up on the work that my short attention span denied me from finishing during the day. So tomorrow I will start off right where I should be.

Michelle

As for my 13.1 sticker. I like for people to see me for all the things I do, for my sake and for my kids' sake. When people see four kids pile out of a mini-van they usually aren't expecting to see a mom who can say she ran a half marathon. I know there are more moms out there who are active in sports and I wish they would do the little things like put that silly sticker on the back of their van. I view it as incentive. It might inspire someone who was considering getting into running, or thinking of training for a half or whole marathon. Plus it's exciting to see another vehicle with the same sticker, almost like seeing a member of the family!! It might be a phase and perhaps I'll take the sticker off down the road, but for now, I like to see it there, it makes me smile. Big grin
                    I like that, you are SO right! My personalized license plate says BYZ X4 ...not busy times 4, but BOYS times 4! It's fun to give people something to think about once they see us get in or out of the car, LOL.

Jennifer mm#1231

YEP!!! Started very early too. I got on I-65, as in on hte ramp and it hit me that I left my work ID/computer access card at home 10 miles behind me and the next exit off I-65 is another 8 miles. So I was 45 minutes behind and I had not even got to work yet. Actually it started the day before. The weather was nice and I had just bought a windmill/air pump for my farm pond. While construction was/is still going on I forgot what was above me and stood up. The steel has sharp edges! Didn't really hurt until Monday morning! Zoom Zoom, our temp is going to be mid to upper 70s today!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom Zoom, our temp is going to be mid to upper 70s today!
                        We're too damned close to the stupid lake... Sad Hey, speaking of stickers...I have one that says "who fartlek'd?" on my car! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

We're too damned close to the stupid lake... Sad Hey, speaking of stickers...I have one that says "who fartlek'd?" on my car! Big grin k
                          Now that is funny. Sent me to google search. Wife better grab my credit card!!!!! I see a spending spree soming!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's where I bought mine: who fartlek'd? Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Here's where I bought mine: who fartlek'd? Big grin k
                              Thanks!!! Had to LOL here. Another runner had no idea what the term meant. As I recall I learned the word within a month of taking up running!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks!!! Had to LOL here. Another runner had no idea what the term meant. As I recall I learned the word within a month of taking up running!
                                I figure most people probably scratch their heads over it, but fairly versed runners would get the humor. Plus I'm part Swedish, so it's on my rear window opposite my "Uff Da" sticker, which honors my Norske ancestry. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay