October is my first 100+ mile month (Read 777 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

I just got back from a tempo run, logged it, and <voila!>>, I've put in over 100 miles this month. Big grin Never felt better, either.</voila!>

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Fool

Congrats! Hoping to say the same this month (3.5 to go). Keep on checking off your goal list!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WTG, Paul! I'll bet Nov. sees even higher mileage, yet. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

first 100 nice! Good job! nice consistent running... Smile
          theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks, guys. You know what really got my mileage up injury free? After I finished Couch to 5k, one of my sons wanted to do it. So I'd go out for my runs, come home and then do his C25K runs with him. As he was almost done with C25K, my wife decided she wanted to do it. I'd go do my run, come home and do hers and then do my sons'. It added more mileage to my week, but both of their runs were so much slower than I run and it was an easy way to increase my base mileage. Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Seems I've heard something like, "Run a lot. Mostly easy. Sometimes hard." around here before. Apparantly, it works.

Paul

Dave

100 is a huge milestone yapper. Keep up all the good work.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

uncontrollable

holy crap

peace

theyapper

On the road again...

100 is a huge milestone yapper. Keep up all the good work.
                  Thanks. I took a peek at your log and noticed your time from the marathon last weekend. Did you BQ?

Paul

Great Job! I am not very far behind you, I show 100 miles in my training log but i will not quite be able to do it during the calender month. Next month hopefully.
                    JayMF

Congrats on the 100 mile month! Interestingly enough, I hit 100 miles for the first time today as well - just logged the tempo run this evening.
                        I know how you feel as I just hit 100 last month and am beating it again this month.....Its a big deal.... You have a really nice an consistent training log....it looks to me like you are doing it right...(interesting that all the people that break 100 or more are really consistent every day and every week - look at all the people that replied and you can see what i mean).... keep it up..... Smile Big grin Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching

theyapper

On the road again...

You have a really nice an consistent training log....it looks to me like you are doing it right...(interesting that all the people that break 100 or more are really consistent every day and every week - look at all the people that replied and you can see what i mean).... keep it up..... Smile Big grin Wink
                          You're right. I've been looking at the logs and it looks like a lot of us are doing it the right way. Slow and consistent. Good job to you, as well.

Paul

KvnJns

Congratulations on your first 100 mile month. I also logged my first 100 mile month and feel great. Huge accomplishment. How many others have achieved this first time milestone?

Kevin

Dave

Thanks. I took a peek at your log and noticed your time from the marathon last weekend. Did you BQ?
                              Not even close. I need a 3:20. Not sure how I drop another 20 minutes off that effort. I know the prescription though. More miles, mostly easy, sometimes hard Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Congratulations!
                                I also logged my first 100 mile month and feel great. Huge accomplishment. How many others have achieved this first time milestone?
                                Aren't 100 mile months great? I cracked my first in August, and this is my third consecutive month. Smile

Chris
                                PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k