1 More Mile - 2012 Edition (Read 1450 times)

2 digit days start tomorrow!

Got 9 and a quarter in this morning (and made an announcement midway through the video - first time stated publicly), but so far I think my favorite update is from Wednesday when I did 7 miles barefoot on the beach, and that's mostly because my wife provided some great bonus footage for the end of the video update.

This week's contest is for IceSpikes, so feel free to hop over if you'd like a chance to win a set.

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

an amazing likeness

Whew man...that day 7 was pretty risky if you ask me (which you didn't...) -- one clam shell slicing open the side of your bare foot and you're hosed...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Strolling in Central park 12 HR 51 miles. New mileage PR  for distance in 1 day.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Good work R2W! It is about to get to real work. Hang in there!

MisplacedTexan

Crazy Runner

Good luck!  I have had several multiple big mile days in my past.  I love breaking my runs into manageable multiple times a day runs.  I have ran my age in miles the past about 5 years and usually pull off an early AM run followed by a mid morn lunchtime style run followed by an I just got off work run then a final late night just to get ready for bed type run.  I love the desire to fulfill  goal and then the follow through to try and figure out how to manage it without injury.  I am rooting for you!

Marathons are easy... running one fast is where the difficulty comes!

Today starts double 2 digits...starting tomorrow, I'll pretty much average a marathon a day for the next 10 days.

Still feeling good at the start of the runs, but getting plenty tired and sore by the end. Hopefully tonight's conference call won't go too late so I can get to bed early; I'm planning on running at Bradbury Mountain with some friends in the morning and would like to see how many miles I can get in before they show up as they only plan on running 10 and I've got 21 on the schedule.

The trip to Memphis was a success. I successfully got in over 80 miles during the 5 days I was gone, including running 83 even at the Germantown Half Marathon (an RRCA national championship race) which won me my age division.  I also got myself on TV on one of hte local stations out there to talk about Camp Sunshine.

Yesterday's update provides a lot of those details (including how a beer at mile 7 saved my race) and also includes the news spot:

http://www.1moremileforsunshine.com/518/day-19-rrca-and-germantown-recap

10 days to go!

Run to Win

an amazing likeness

Go Blaine!  You're a beast.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Just over a week left...only about 220 miles to go!

Started having some achilles issues last night so hopefully that doesn't turn out to be too serious. Getting it taped tomorrow as a temporary measure to get me through the week...it's not so painful I can't run through it, but it hurts enough that if I wasn't doing something stupid and had to get the miles in then I'd take a few weeks to a month off.

Surprisingly, everything else feels really good.  Hopefully the achilles is a temporary thing and stops bugging me.

I got out to Camp Sunshine today to set up the possible course for the fat ass race next weekend (week from tomorrow) and while the 3.5 mile loop they came up with is actually pretty good, I think I've got a better one that goes through the woods outside Point Sebago and hits the trails. All I need to do is stay healthy so I can run all 31 that day...(speaking of which...anybody here coming? It'll be free.)

Run to Win

MisplacedTexan

Crazy Runner

Looks like you are holding up fine.  Keep it going and know that we are cheering for you from all over the world!

Marathons are easy... running one fast is where the difficulty comes!

Achilles has been improving each day, hopefully that trend continues today.

Saturday's Fat Ass 31 miler now has a preview video:

http://www.1moremileforsunshine.com/555/day-27-course-preview-for-saturdays-run

As of yesterday, 170 miles in 7 days, 114 to go in the last 4 days.

Run to Win

DoppleBock

This is where it has to start consuming your day - It is easier to do 40-20-40-20  = 120 than 28-29-30-31 

Achilles has been improving each day, hopefully that trend continues today.

Saturday's Fat Ass 31 miler now has a preview video:

http://www.1moremileforsunshine.com/555/day-27-course-preview-for-saturdays-run

As of yesterday, 170 miles in 7 days, 114 to go in the last 4 days.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I've been silently following you the past couple weeks.  Wow!  You are doing great.  Tough days in front of you, but keep up the great work.

Stay safe, and enjoy every step of every mile along this journey.

Cheers,

Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

jpdeaux

I've been silently following you the past couple weeks.  Wow!

Yup. Plus I'm eager to see the other side of the pyramid develop in your graph. Evil

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yup. Plus I'm eager to see the other side of the pyramid develop in your graph. Evil

+1

xhristopher

I've been watching daily. Go R2W!