And nobody wants to talk Salazar? (Read 344 times)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Gee,

Accused of doping his runners, and who didn't see that coming?

So how come nobody here is willing to discuss what a coward he is...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

What exactly do I get out of establishing that another human being is a coward?

If I do establish that another human being is a coward, what does that make me? (besides a "coward-establisher")

Since in my life I have been both brave and cowardly at one time or another under different circumstances, should I really throw stones in the sacred glass temple of my self?

"Gee" should always be preceded by "golly", otherwise there is no oomph, no melody, and no uplift.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Gee,

Knowingly feeding the troll...

Doping of some sort exists at the elite level of every sport.  It is inevitable, as inevitable as recreational drug use in the general population.  These drugs exist, we made them and cannot unmake them, some of us decided they should be banned, some of us decide that using them is a justifiable means to the end goal of success.  Talk to an honest retired coach or doctor from any given country who has worked with elites in ANY given sport and you will find out that doping has happened in the past on a regular basis and still continues on a regular basis.  The stakes are too high not to gain an edge by any means necessary.

mikeymike

"Gee" should always be preceded by "golly", otherwise there is no oomph, no melody, and no uplift.

+1

Runners run

gee

Someone say, Gee?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Prince of Fatness

Gee,

I'd say that I have missed you while you were away but that is a lying, cowardly thing to do.  So I won't.

Not at it at all. 

I just know there's an ostrich joke to be made here, but I can't quite get there.

Salazar who?

Bawkbawk

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Having worked around him, I'm well familiar with what a pompous ass he is.

Funny that Navy SEALs can figure out that a better way to run exists, but Salazar couldn't.

Or is that doesn't have the guts to admit he knows nothing about training runners...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Having worked around him, I'm well familiar with what a pompous ass he is.

Funny that Navy SEALs can figure out that a better way to run exists, but Salazar couldn't.

Or is that doesn't have the guts to admit he knows nothing about training runners...

It's apparent to me that you're either trying to define Salazar in such a manner that it makes you look like some sort of genius about running, or you have a boner for him (since you seem to think about him an awful lot). If it's the former, please just come out with all the details about how much of a genius you are to save us time. If it's the latter, might I suggest some interesting masturbation techniques to enhance your "Salazar-my-sweet-boo-boo" sessions?

Hoban-Jay

Gee,

John or Ken?  Didn't know either was a runner.  Sleazy poiticians, no doubt, but blood doping runners...nah!

Bruno

I'd prefer to talk the hilarious parody Twitter account  Not Alberto Salazar @notalsal it is laugh out loud funny.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

It's apparent to me that you're either trying to define Salazar in such a manner that it makes you look like some sort of genius about running, or you have a boner for him (since you seem to think about him an awful lot). If it's the former, please just come out with all the details about how much of a genius you are to save us time. If it's the latter, might I suggest some interesting masturbation techniques to enhance your "Salazar-my-sweet-boo-boo" sessions?

Then you don't know my story. I spent two years with Nike's research lab proving what's true; that there are actually six different running techniques documented to exist in the human species. Of them, those of shoe running cultures utilize the least efficient out of all of them. And for distance running, the best runners are the children of some of the world's most efficient walkers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/12/science/improving-the-way-humans-walk-the-walk.html

And since nobody (including Salazar) can explain how the women carry 20% of their bodyweight, he'd rather tell you there's no connection rather than proving he knows nothing about how the best in the world actually run. Funny that if you ask the army who I am, they'll tell you that I'm fully documented in ability to describe, mimic, and teach how the women carry the weight and the balance principles they utilize to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lce7X4IdifA

And if I can teach anyone the load bearing skill, then applying that energy savings to running is easy.

Maybe you can figure out the connection to the photo of this story. Given they're the oldest footprints on record of how early humans actually walked and ran, stone records prove the fraud of what, "experts," tell you is the best way to run.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/the-runners-of-20000bc/2005/12/21/1135032083655.html

Oh and if you try it for yourself, one of my Navy SEAL students openly writes how to learn the walking technique of the video (I'm the Robert in his story). If you can learn to walk that way, one can learn to run that way. And what I proved with Nike is that with a heart rate monitor, after an hour and a half of instruction, I can put you back on the treadmill at the same speed or incline and average a 20% decrease in heart rate for the same speed

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/running/evolution-of-learning-how-to-run-distance

When I demonstrated for Salazar how the most economical runners on the planet actually run, his answer was to turn around and leave me running on the treadmill. And for your reference I'm documented in ability to walk at 9MPH.

http://portlandtribune.com/bvt/15-news/18837-on-the-move

There's no secret, one merely has to understand that if you want to run faster, that neither Salazar or any other running "expert" will ever teach you how to do it.

Bruno

No seriously it's hilarious.  There is a #tbt post to when he first met Mary Cain for recruitment, and it's a picture of a blonde toddler.  He calls out Nick Symonds and says "maybe if you took my drugs you wouldn't get beat in the mile by a high school senior.". Seriously witty parody account.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all.