Iron On Transfer on Technical Shirts? (Read 735 times)

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

This may be a dumb question, but I'm wondering if you can put an iron-on transfer onto a technical shirt. Thanks in advance!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Maybe someone with first-hand experience will chime in, but I do know that you aren't supposed to use an iron on technical fabrics in general because the fabric is, essentially, plastic. High heat will definitely damage the fabric and/or compromise its wicking capabilities. So if its gonna work, you'd need to keep the iron temperature moderated and limit the ironing time to the minimum necessary to get the transfer to stick.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I thought that might be the case - which is why I asked. It seemed counter-intuitive to use an iron on a technical shirt.

TRUST THE PROCESS

See Bubba Run

I've actually done it twice with limited success. My daughters made designs for different shirts for marathons and I printed them on transferable paper. I then ironed on very low heat and they stuck. I got lots of compliments at the beginning of the race. The graphics ran some as I sweated, and I sweat alot. So, it was temporary. But my daughters were each proud when I crossed the finish line in shirts that they'd made. As an aside, it took a few washings and a little work, but the iron on peeled off and I used the same shirt again for the second one.
          2008 Georgian ING Marathon 4:00 2008 Disney Marathon 4:22 2008 Joker's Wild 1/2 Marathon 1:47