AWEIGH WE-Go 12/24 - 12/29 (Read 885 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

We are a cross over group from the Cool Running collapse. Our members are international and we love to talk . . . talk about diet, excercise, running and everything in between. Feel free to join us!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning gang! I hope everyone makes the transtion over here smoothly and that we don't loose anyone! We've had a hectic few days and my diet has gone right out the window! Of course not feeling well and entertaining dozens of people doesn't help much either. I'm still at 987 miles for the year and hoping to reach that magical 1000 if I can get out running again. Dead DH bought me the Garmin 305 AND a WII game for Christmas!! I'll have to use my old Garmin today as I haven't charged or even read the manual for the 305 yet. I hope you all had a great day yesterday - and hope to see you all over here soon!! ~Mary

~Mary

~unknown

Maggie & Molly

Mary ~~ Here I am. I overate for sure yesterday. A friend brought over a home made, delicious cheesecake- ugh. DH got you a new Garmin - way to go. I'm going to go to the beach later and play with my new camara!!! ok, I think I like this site far better than Active. See ya soon... Big grin

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey folks, welcome! For special user groups (if that is what I understand this to be, please correct me if I am wrong), RunningAhead has a feature where you can create specialty groups with their own message boards and other tools. Check it out: http://runningahead.com/groups . That said, you should probably make this for everybody (not just for former CRers as many may find this interesting). There may already be a group there with this special interest. Welcome aboard!

Lisa pre-nose injury

THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR SETTING THIS UP! Lots of probs with cool running. This is Lisa - with a new log in - no longer LPF Hi Mary, Michelle, chkboxer, cherrie and EVERYONE!!!! I started a new running log here - much better. Blush Still going strong (well sort of) with OHR program - on third week of 30 minutes a day but two weeks only did 2x/week (snow, illness etc). Will keep it up though! Got a nice underarmour running shirt for xmas! MUST READS: No Need for Speed, by John Bingham (everyone except Mary). GREAT psychology, speaks to the runbers soul and very inspirational. The CHI of Running by Danny Dreyer. Really helps you relax and ENJOY running. MERRY AND HAPPY HAPPY EVERYTHING! PS - If anybody wants to be a buddy for doing OHR, let me know. I would start at beginning again if necessary. Lisa Still can't shake these 2.5 lbs from top of Lifetime goal....
            Lisa Week 9/10 of One Hour Runner

Maggie & Molly

thanks for the info Trent. We are always open to anyone that wants to join in. The more the merrier as the saying goes....

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Lisa pre-nose injury

Ignore MUST READS strike out above, just experimenting Sad

Maggie & Molly

hey Lisa ~~ sounds like Santa was good to you. (just for info's sake Chkboxr and Cherrie are one and the same- me!!)

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Lisa pre-nose injury

OOPS sorry Cherrie! How can you write personals - peruse the thread - without making notes on little scraps of paper? I hate ignoring when everyone on this thread seems so good with personals...???? Well, my walk to meet a friend on Starbucks got cancelled, so I better find some cross training activity for today. I am on vacation this week so want to do something 3x week on my non- running days. Nice to go to the gym during the day for a change. So....better get off the computer! Best to all, Lisa Big grin PS Again, love this site.....

Maggie & Molly

Lisa, as long as we are on one page you can scroll down to see what everyone posted. Not sure what will happen here once we are over two pages but if there is no option of reviewing the posts I open a second window so that I can go back and forth to do my posts. I'm not that good at remembering what everyone says. Wink

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Okay - probably a stupid thing to do - but I went out for a 4 mile run, then came home coughing up a lung and ate 2 slices of coffee cake. Shocked Thanks for the tip Trent - I will check into that area. Hi Lisa!! Good job on the OHR!! I'm sure someone will buddy up with you. Cherrie - going to the beach!! What kind of camera did you get? ~Mary

~Mary

~unknown

Hey guys!!! I actually set up an account on here yesterday because I figured we'd be switching. It's already much easier I'm finding! Christmas Eve was good at our house!! The kids got everything they wanted and now tonight I finally get Mikayla back so she'll get to open all her presents without any waiting time so she's excited. Yea to Mary and Michelle's DH's for getting them their forerunners!!!! woohoo!!!! I am going to save up for one or look for a less new version on ebay I think. Jason got me some pedometer, calorie burner thing so he tried but I don't think it'll really do what I want it to do you know? I got a little ill last night so I didn't go to bingo...he went without me. Sad Didn't really think he would but he did....and didn't get home until 2 a.m. So not really happy with him this morning...not sure what's going on. Back to work I am....we're getting another major snowstorm so today it took me a lovely one hour and 40 minutes to get here...30-40 mph the whole way...it sucked big time. And then I was almost to work...like about 2 miles away and I went into a skid, starting weaving all over the place but I stayed calm and got myself to some snow and was able to correct but I thought for sure I was going in the ditch and with no 4WD that would've been tricky to get out. So by the time I got to work my shaking was about done....oh the joy. Still haven't heard if I got an interview yet....fingers are still crossed!!!!! Lisa I want to come live with you....no snow down there! Hi Cherrie Glad you had the addition to house all the extra guests for dinner. That sounds great!!

Maggie & Molly

Mary ~~ DH got me a Canon EOS Rebel XT. It is all high tech and stuff so I've got some studying to do but it should be fun. Got to say I'm loving this site. I've been incredibly lazy, sitting here entering my running routes, posting and watching tv. Really got to get busy.... Melanie ~~ glad you're holiday was nice. I've thought about the garmin but it looks so big. I use my Nike + but the more I run the more I realize that it loses it accuracy the longer I run so I'm thinking of my options.

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Another Passion

Just a note to the CR immigrants, you may want to create and make public profiles so that other RA newbies to you can get to know a little about you, if you so choose. It helps making your training log public as well should you post a running-related question, others can take a look at your log and get an idea of where your at in your running journey. Big grin

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I'm going to try to post on this a little more regularly granted that once I get back for my last semester, I actually have about 5-10 mins. Anyways, I have an utter problem with this whole eating thing in the middle of running a bit. I am at home, at my parents house and it is the Christmas season. Yesterday (Christmas) I began training for marathon #2. Of course on Christmas day it was tough. But then, after dinner, at about midnight, I found myself at the fridge eating leftover pizza. I've dropped about 15 lbs since the summer. Right now I'm a bit lighter than my last marathon. I know mixing marathoning and weight loss is not a good idea, but last year during the marathon, I ate everything I could - whatever I wanted. This year I want to do well day-to-day. I'm doing well on breakfast every day, but then I fall apart slightly. I'm just hoping that this daily post and check in will give me a bit of accountability. I have a five miler scheduled this afternoon. For breakfast I had some toast w/ peanut butter. As for the rest of the day...I can only hope the hunger bug doesn't show up.