Issues with autosum when editing an entry (Read 301 times)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

(I'm using windows XP and Firefox 3.5.7)

Anyways, I do a run entry, with my run broken into intervals and recoveries (workout was 8.5 miles total, with 6 miles of intervals, 2.5 miles of recovery). 

I check it to autosum "intervals", and then save the workout.  Workout shows 6 miles, as it should

Then, I try to edit the workout, by checking it to autosum both "intervals" and "recoveries" -- it won't do so.  It continues to show only 6 miles

the workout in question is here: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/e7c610f1924249cb99ae86f3d600517f/workouts/d3b33aa493f64fa0826c7301e19e1f9a

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

A Saucy Wench

I've had this

Manually delete entry in both your distance and duration boxes.  Unclick and reclick autosum.  You should get new totals.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

eric :)

This is by design.  The distance and duration values used to be updated automatically.  When users change the course (auto fill distance) or adjust their intervals, the values were overwritten.  Users didn't notice the automatic updates and lost the data they entered.

I changed the behavior so that auto sum and other auto filling features will not overwrite fields with user entered data.  As Ennay pointed out, once you clear the fields, the auto filling features will kick in again.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Awesome - the workaround was all I needed (and I understand Eric's point).  Thanks!

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.