BodyWorlds - Highly Recommended! (Read 441 times)

derek

I went to see the BodyWorlds exhibit that is currently on display in Dallas. If you all haven't seen it and you have the opportunity to see it, I would highly recommend it. I was commenting to my wife during the display that the first thing I was drawn to on each body was the knee area. I got excellent views of the IT band and the various parts of the knee cap. Seeing that this area was the cause of several pains recently, it was interesting see what the parts look like. Another interesting display was the heart of an athlete as compared to a "normal" heart. The athlete's heart was huge. Maybe mine would get to that size some day.

Derek

Speaking of athletic hearts. Last year when I had my Genera Physical Exam my doctor heard some weirdness in my heart and sent me to have a Nuclear Stress Test. Turns out I have an athletic heart. Thank gawd for insurance cause that test was close to $9,000. Not sure if they would of worried so much if my family history wasn't so bad. Father had first heart attack at 40 and both parents have had quad bipasses. Oh and Derek you never know yours may allready be that huge Wink I'll have to mention BW to my inlaws since they may be going to TX next weekend.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really wanted to see BW the first time it was in Chicago (I think it was recently there, again...or maybe on the schedule to come back soon), but IIRC the tickets were really $$.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

derek

I really wanted to see BW the first time it was in Chicago (I think it was recently there, again...or maybe on the schedule to come back soon), but IIRC the tickets were really $$.
          If you check the link in my post, you'll see that BodyWorlds2 is in Chicago right now until April 29. Admission is $23

Derek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I went and looked earlier...it is tempting. I think admission to the museum and the exhibit was closer to $40 the first time around. Our son was really too young to appreciate it, then, but at 6 he might just be able to get a lot out of it, now. He really loved the MSIS when we took him years ago, too...and I think he was only 2 or so, then. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

I went to view it in London a few years ago and it was fab. Of course I wasn't a runner then so I didn't look at the exhibits with anything more than a morbid curiosity. The pregnant lady with the cut open tummy was a little too freaky for me! I actually asked my husband if I could donate my body (after death of course Evil grin). You can do this via the website. Great show though. Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.