Whiners (Read 503 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You're pretty young to be a whiny Old Man, Oldman     Big grin

You're right, he's a young whippersnapper.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I complain to my wife that I'm 3 pounds above my optimal racing weight. And then she punches me in the face.

This has me laughing out loud at my desk. I would probably punch you in the neck after she punches you in the face.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Am I doing this right?

You're pretty young to be a whiny Old Man, Oldman     Big grin

My only goal someday is to be a dirty old man, not a whiny old man.

No excuses....

DoppleBock

Why can I run 90-100 miles a week and feel like I am being lazy and not training?

It's all because of a person's perspective or frame of reference - Many people who do not whine have been punched in the nut sack so many times that a hammer to the shins is hardly noticeable.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Amen

My only goal someday is to be a dirty old man, not a whiny old man.

MariosLeasholder

I complain to my wife that I'm 3 pounds above my optimal racing weight. And then she punches me in the face.

That literally made me laugh out loud

degregorius

That literally made me laugh out loud

Stop using the word "literally" that way.  I don't care if the cool kids use it.  I figuratively have a shit fit when someone uses the word that way. Metaphorically speaking my head explodes! Stooooop Noowwwwww! Pleeeeaasssse!

How's that for whining?Smile

zonykel

Stop using the word "literally" that way.  I don't care if the cool kids use it.  I figuratively have a shit fit when someone uses the word that way. Metaphorically speaking my head explodes! Stooooop Noowwwwww! Pleeeeaasssse!

How's that for whining?Smile

Main Entry: lit·er·al·ly <input title="Listen to the pronunciation of literally" type="button" />

Pronunciation: \ˈli-tə-rə-lē, ˈli-trə-lē,ˈli-tər-lē\

Function: adverb

Etymology:

Date: 1533

1 : in a sense or manner : actually<took the remark literally> <wasliterally insane> 2 : : virtually<will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice — Norman Cousins>

usage Since some people take sense 2 to be the opposite of sense 1, it has been frequently criticized as a misuse. Instead, the use is pure hyperbole intended to gain emphasis, but it often appears in contexts where no additional emphasis is necessary.

RunningBadger

We all need whiners out there to put our own problems in perspective. It's ok to whine as long as you don't let it shut you down. Whine on!

DoppleBock

I think ideal race weight for me would be @ 175, I have not raced below 200, but one (barely) - When she gets tired of punchin you, I could take over ...

tough hanging w/ the fellas this morning. got schooled on real runners versus "wannabes".

Get off my porch

northernman

Fight The Future

I think ideal race weight for me would be @ 175, I have not raced below 200, but one (barely) - When she gets tired of punchin you, I could take over ...

I'm literally starting to feel like a punching bag.

dotatl

Don't you hate it when the weight just won't stay on?  I mean, you try to eat more but you just stay skinny!  *duck*

Mostly harmless

I've lost so much weight running I keep having to buy all new clothes! This sucks!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

L Train

And then she punches me in the face.

Hold up, my wife is literally a bigamist?