sweat blisters (or at least that's what I call them) (Read 502 times)

So I get these water-filled "bubbles" on the soft skin on my feet, usually under my arch. They aren't normal blisters caused by friction since I'm getting them in places that don't rub. They can hurt if they stretch the skin a lot but I'm just as likely to not notice them. If they do hurt, I can lance or cut them open, drain the fluid and all is well. Does anyone know exactly what these are and how I can prevent them?
    2008 Goals Don't attack the guy that passes me like I'm standing still when I think I'm running fast...I can't catch him anyway and I'd just look silly
    Spingoddess

Why do you think under the arch is a place that wouldn't rub? I've gotten blisters there, also between two smaller toes. These are places that don't normally blister for me, but whenever I run longer distances, the water blisters pop up. Try applying vaseline liberally to the areas that blister before you put your running shoes on, that seems to help. Also, make sure your shoes are laced snugly (but not too tight).
      If we work hard at something we are passionate about, we might be rewarded with a few thrilling moments of perfection. John Bingham
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

3 words: Blister Shield Powder. It's incredible for preventing or minimizing foot blistering. I use it before any runs of more than HM distance.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay