Brand new PR.... or was it? (Read 560 times)

I purposely walked one of the last miles of a race a couple months ago that I was not only going to PR at but was going to get a sub 2 hour 1/2 marathon - something I had been chasing for some time...because around mile 10 it was very, very clear the course was a little less than a 1/2 mile short. I didn't want a PR and I certainly did want to break 2 hours - it was a bummer. The RD did apologize at the end - one of the police officers diverted all the runners the wrong way and cut the course short. He was very, very apologetic.

A few years ago I ran a "PR" in 10K I'm pretty sure was short, and I've never counted it. My real 10K PR had been a couple weeks prior, then suddenly I supposedly beat it by over 2 minutes? Would have loved to believe it, but it seemed too suspect. My Garmin also measured it short, but that was not the only reason I suspected it. A lot of people were talking about it seeming short right at the finish line...it was a new race, and there was one part that was out-and-back around some cones, and I just think that something was off...

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09