My half was Saturday. Can I get back out there? (Read 490 times)

My quads are still sore, but nothing like yesterday. Tonight we have a birthday dinner for dd, but is tomorrow evening too soon to get out for a few super easy miles?
    Hannibal Granite

You could go for a walk for the amount of time you would've been running. You'll get the feeling of motion and some exercise, without as much stress. Depending on how long you're out you could even run the last few minutes if your legs are feeling good

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

Scout7

Yes, go run. No it's not too early.
          Thanks--I was hoping so!
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

I did 4 miles two days after my HM, and it was fine. It felt great!
            xor

Yes, you can run. But you are only allowed to run WITH the wind. No running against the wind for a week. (sorry, really dumb west texas joke)

You need to go find a swimming pool and relax some and just enjoy the feeling of total pain. You could do some swimming or running in the pool. Then you can do some strides on the weekends and stretching out!
                  Yes, you can run. But you are only allowed to run WITH the wind. No running against the wind for a week. (sorry, really dumb west texas joke)
                  Saturday during the race, the wind started picking up--duh--it was Odessa! It wasn't too bad when I came in from the half, but the marathoners really struggled with it. The last 6 miles or so was against the wind blowing 25 mph with higher gusts. It really sucked for them!