Boston, Boston, Boston (Read 1248 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

my husband has made me PROMISE that I'll never run a marathon
    Why? On what grounds?
      I can totally understand that. I feel very fortunate that my husband is a runner as well. If he wasn't I don't think he'd would of probably made me make the same promise.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

muse_runner

keep running.

Jennifer, good luck. I think you can BQ in a blink woman! Now how do I get a body of steel like you? Jeff, thanks for offering the book to me, callie and jennifer too. Tongue Trent, flying monkey, my ass. BTW: I'm on ya, pace boogie: can you hear me huffing and puffing behind you?
        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Muse If you can run a Summer ultra, you probably still can't run the Monkey. Or even catch up with a cute little bunny. Just sayin.
            Muse If you can run a Summer ultra, you probably still can't run the Monkey. Or even catch up with a cute little bunny. Just sayin.
            oooooooh! muse_runner, you're not gonna let him taunt you like that, are you? Game ON girl! Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

Why? On what grounds?
              Trent and Rockenmamof5 --- You both were too quick, I thought I deleted that before it was read. I totally lost my thought with what I was trying to say, without is sounding like my husband is a horrible person... it didn't sound right now matter how I typed it. My husband runs, but he strictly stops at 3.1 miles. He doesn't run for the fun of it, he runs to keep in shape. HE (note it's not WE) thinks that running more than maybe 5 miles is a bit much. He started running about 3 maybe 4 years ago, before then he never ran. He's been active in sports, like ice hockey, basketball, softball, but not running. So he'll never "get it". He worries that with how competitive of a person that I am that I'll run myself into the ground if I were to train for a marathon (trying to allow for time and energy to do so). Oh, then there's the stick figure fear he has (I've mentioned this before)...He's made it very clear that he likes my body very much the way it is right now. My thought - he knows he'd never do it and it would be one more thing we wouldn't be able to do together in our already hectic- forced time apart schedule.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Jeff, thanks for offering the book to me, callie and jennifer too.
                Doh! Blush "Need to read threads more carefully before responding," he says out loud to no one in particular. Well, none of ya can get at my book until I move into my house and unpack, but after that, it's a bidding war!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Jennifer, good luck. I think you can BQ in a blink woman! Now how do I get a body of steel like you?
                  wait a minute...let me finish this monster taco from Jack in the Box...first one in over 4 years and they are still omg-scary-good-mystery food! I'll have to think about that. You should ask rockinmomof5, she seems to have it goin on. Big grin I'm just a runner.

Jennifer mm#1231

Big grin I'm just a runner.
                    *look of horror* JUST A RUNNER?

Michelle

My husband loves when I do long runs .. because I drive out to a trail, run, and stop at mcdonalds at breakfast for him on my drive home Tongue . I've run 18 miles and bought HIM breakfast BEFORE he has gotten out of bed! Oh, but when we have kids .... Evil grin
                      2009: BQ?
                        The Flying Monkey Marathon ... hmmm.... I've HEARD that mentioned somewhere on here ... Big grin Trent, will you pay to fly me down to Nashville?
                        2009: BQ?
                          Ohhh ---- good idea...TRENT if you're buying I'm sure I would be "allowed" to fly there to WATCH you guys all run. Big grin

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent, will you pay to fly me down to Nashville?
                            For you Tricia, anything. Well, except that. Big grin But you gotta travel to get to many marathons anyway. And Nashville is a fine place Wink Plus, once you are a rich lawyer, you can pay off that plane ticket Clowning around
                            TRENT if you're buying I'm sure I would be "allowed" to fly there to WATCH you guys all run.
                            Ha. I think your hubbie is just afraid you will become a better runner than he is.
                            Scout7

*sigh* In a rare moment of weakness, I'm revealing my private plans in public.... I'm attempting to BQ at the California International Marathon on Dec. 2. If ya wanna see my training plan, I am doing a modified version of this: http://www.runningtimes.com/rt/articles/?id=5995&c=36
                              muse_runner

keep running.

Ladies, Ladies: Forewarning-- Trent is relishing our presence. We're mere running maidens for his MOJO. Remember that. Anyhow, Trent oh mah gawd, I'm totally catching that bunny. Aren't YOU tapering for your marathon? What you're gonna run on tired legs and cause deep muscle injury? Sounds fabby to me kid. Jennifer-- Jack in the Box taco? Holy shh I mean, middle easterner, that's ... wow ... YOU GO GIRL! I'm trying to up my fat intake right now with my higher mileage actually. I just feel better this way. Seems like you just eat whatever's clever. I am totally nutritionally "affected" as they say. I got issues. Mississippi, My man hates me running. He seems to think it's a non-sport. But his sport is the TV controller. I have a 100% inactive man. I am like you Trish, I get more done in a day than him for sure. This running will help our energy levels later on I think. I am allowed 2 marathons a year. Otherwise it's too much time away from him and that is just not right. Jeff, apology accepted! Wink Let us know when the bidding begins and I'll set up my bidding snipey software. hah! My friend BQ'd by running a 3:40:55. Seriously I can't do that. I gotta get to like 3:38 otherwise I'll totally choke at the end. I'm so NOT clutch under pressure. That's why distance running is my thang.
                                running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.