Boston, Boston, Boston (Read 1248 times)

muse_runner

keep running.

Scout I've never seen more 20 milers in my life in one training progrm. I'll be at that race too. Same reason. I'm already registered in fact.
    running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
    muse_runner

keep running.

Scout I may do this program. Does it start in June for you then?
      running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
        Big grin muse_runner----- I love the energy in your 3:19 post! Direct and to the point, touched base on all the topics and all done with FLARE! Cool.

Michelle

Scout7

Yeah. Up till then, I have a schedule to build my mileage back up to where it needs to be to start.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Aren't YOU tapering for your marathon?
            What is this tapering you keep mentioning? And why do you think it means I will go under (2000/52=) 38 miles per week?
            June? Wow, that is just in time to start training for a November marathon. Just remember to get in adequate hill training, cuz that marathon is a Monkey!
              I'm trying to up my fat intake right now with my higher mileage actually. I just feel better this way. Seems like you just eat whatever's clever. I am totally nutritionally "affected" as they say. I got issues.
              There is a lesson to be learned by this statement right here (regarding a post of mine). *making mental note*

Michelle

Damn I miss Jack n the Box. I had to settle with KFC for lunch today. Guess I didn't leave my crap eating in Florida lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Damn I miss Jack n the Box. I had to settle with KFC for lunch today. Guess I didn't leave my crap eating in Florida lol
                  In all fairness, I did finish my run this morning and had a handful of brown rice and a few strips of lox with a spoonful of my raw, red, yellow, and orange bell peppers with a sprinkling of balsalmic vinegar on top...with the rest of my first Red Bull. When I start to dip below "waif" on the stick-figure-o-meter, I add a couple of snickers bars at night with a big glass of milk. Whole milk. I'm a complicated trainwreck of nutrition.

Jennifer mm#1231

see I add icecream and reese's pieces.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

SEE. I'm not alone with the losing too much weight worry.

Michelle

muse_runner

keep running.

Mississippi--Thanks for the compliments. I'm a PhD student so I guess that means I'm good at answering questions. Smile That's all my degree means anyhow! I actually try to limit my treats but come on, "try" is the key word. I totally have my PMS days where I am unstoppable with food. Like you know, days where I eat probably 2,500 cals EASY. I LOVE ice cream and reeses's peanut butter cup mushed together... with whipped cream on top... and chocolate sauce... and shoot, throw in something else for crunch-- like crushed up waffle cone. Can ya tell I have a sweet tooth?
                          Anyhow....I can't wait to see how everyone does with the marathons.
                          resist, you might, but not for long young jedi runner. you will eventually give in and cross over to the...dark side. Black eye left behind, your husband will be, if he doesn't assimilate. It all starts with sitting anxiously on the edge of your seat, waiting for someone else's race report. Next thing you know, you're receiving a registration confirmation #. Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Can ya tell I have a sweet tooth?
                            Me too! Have you ever eaten at Cold Stone Creamery? Once I was picked to go back and make my own and it had two Reece's cups and some fudge and vanilla ice cream and marshmellows and ... droooolll...
                            2009: BQ?
                              Okay. Now that's just mean. All you girls talking about needing to GAIN weight and all the food you get to eat................while I am struggling to get rid of these 80 pounds I've gained back. Sad Jeff, thanks for the book recommendation. I think I'm going to try to qualify at the Huntington Beach Marathon next February. Nice, flat, on the beach. What more can I ask for? I mean, aside from NOT getting food poisoning this time. Wink And, uh, Trent....If you're passing out flights to The Monkey, make sure you send some to CA. Oh, and you can always join Trishie and I at Big Sur and show us how REAL runner do it. Big grin
                              "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Big Sur? Do they have a race there? Weird. Must be an easy one. Big grin Maybe we need to charter a Monkey train to bring all y'all from all over the country. Imagine all the monkey business on that trek! Um Muse, PhD? In what?