No smokes 2 months, 5k time trial (Read 738 times)

Quit smoking 2 months ago today and started running, as I have posted earlier.  So today went down to the local

track and decided to run 5k hard to see where I am at.  Finished in 20:30, I am actually pretty pleased by this time.

Feels like an accomplishment, makes me want to run more and get faster!

xor

Dang.

Great job on both pieces of this!

an amazing likeness

Dang!  That's speedy, beep-beep speedy.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

The shirtless wonder

20:30 is fantastic for anyone.  ...And you did it at 190 pounds and a recent ex-smoker.  You have a lot of talent I think.  Keep it up, you'll be amazed at how far you can take it.
            damn good job!
            ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.
            Slo

I've been telling people for years that my smoking had nothing to do with my lack of speed when it comes to running.

I've since quit......nearly 2 years......and I'm still not any faster.  Next I'll stop smoking and see if that makes me faster !

Seriously, congrats on giving up the cigarettes (Thats the real accomplishment) and a very nice 5k time trial.

mjh congrats - that's awesome!

Actually I had a high school teammate named Greg who smoked a pack of cigarettes a day (as well as the occasional longer, fat, "scented" cigarettes) and ran 16's for 5K...you're not him are you? 

Thanks for letting me brag guys, it drives me nuts trying to talk about running with my girlfriend!