Sorry my life is so much more bitchin than yours (Read 2022 times)

RunsForCake

I'm sad that I am normal and don't have tiger blood or Adonis DNA  Cry

Just finished reading The Chris Farley Show.  Leaves me with little tolerance for Sheen's shtick.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

• Black Canyon 100k
        • RRR
        • Zane Grey 100k
        • High Lonesome 100
        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
        • The Bear 100
        • Javelina Jundred (?)

Ostrich runner

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Why is it sideways?

I am interested in Sheenmania, less what it says about him, more what it says about us.

Why are we transfixed by Sheen at this historical moment?

Answers, please.

Prince of Fatness

I am not.  It's sad, really.

Not at it at all. 

On On

I am not.  It's sad, really.

Just curious, is it sad that you don't care

or

that other's do.

Prince of Fatness

Just curious, is it sad that you don't care

or

that other's do.

I didn't say that I didn't care.  I am just not transfixed on the situation.

And it is sad because the guy is a mess, needs help, and just might be beyond helping.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

I am interested in Sheenmania, less what it says about him, more what it says about us.

Answers, please.

It's pron. Also, it's more fun than collective bargaining. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

On On

I didn't say that I didn't care.  I am just not transfixed on the situation.

And it is sad because the guy is a mess, needs help, and just might be beyond helping.

I should have quoted Jeff better.  I am corrected, his terminology was transfixed, not caring.

Answers, please.

Because the issues facing us are complex, which creates anxiety, which anxiety we mistake for boredom.  So, we turn to Sheen for excitement. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Why is it sideways?

Okay, tater, you are writing on the thread. Which means you check the thread. You know who Sheen is and what his problems are. I bet you even recognize the phrase "tiger's blood." If you are not transfixed, then certainly your attention has been drawn, perhaps unwillingly, to ruminate on the behavior of one person out of a possible 6 billion people to ruminate about.

I feel like you: I couldn't give a shit. But here I am having finally succumbed posting on a thread about Charlie Sheen when I haven't even for a second considered watching his show.

WHY?

Because the issues facing us are complex, which creates anxiety, which anxiety we mistake for boredom.  So, we turn to Sheen for excitement. 

But Sheen is "so complex" -- heard it straight from this guy.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau