Lessons learned from running... (Read 1272 times)

You are all clearly nuts. I feel like I've come home. Wink
    Scout7

You are all clearly nuts. I feel like I've come home. Wink
      Well, you passed the initial test. You haven't gone running from the site screaming, and your head hasn't exploded (yet....). Can we make him go out and cut down a tree with a herring now?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, you passed the initial test. You haven't gone running from the site screaming, and your head hasn't exploded (yet....).
        Uh...yeah, that and the pink skirt thing... Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I just got here, what did I miss? Something about skirts , nutty people....oh, and fish. Interesting. Smile

Michelle

i think i've learned nothing from running...in fact i've unlearned a lot of things to make room for the intellectual discussions going on in the 2000 Miles club.
            Is that what happens? Thing get unlearned. Cool, I thought it was old age.

Michelle

Member Since 2008

First of all Mark: there's only one word for how you look in that outfit -- fabulous! Tongue I like your blog, too. Good luck with the foot injury. I'm gonna try to steer back on-topic here (not that I don't find the running skirt discussion captivating). Lessons learned from running: 1) Bring a roll of toilet paper to the race. 2) Carry toilet paper on long runs 3) Try to run near businesses and/or friend's houses where you know you can use the facilities. 4) Run near wooded areas where you can duck in and not be seen from the road, if necessary. Hmm, kind of see a theme developing here. I'll change it up by saying: 5) Aim high, dream big, and set challenging goals. But make sure they're attainable. Unrealistic goals can set you up for failure/disappointment. 6) A mile is not nearly as far as it sounded when you were a kid. 7) Making a schedule/plan is a strong motivator towards seeing things through, in running as well as in life. 8) The sense of achievement after a great race is almost unmatched in life.

Member Since 2008

Some of my fastest running times have come amist a turtle head poking out. Confused
                  Do you mean to say you were prairie-dogging?!! Dead I've always done well when needing to peeeeeeee!!

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Oh my, bad timing to check out this thread....think I'll come back later when the reptiles aren't poking out from anywhere. Shocked

Michelle

Let's get back to the running skirts - just saw Mark's video - Big grin - you look really good in that outift - um - in a manly way. I can't wait to get back to running in mine now Roll eyes

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

Now I'm caught up. Mark-i ---- I just watched the video, that was really cool of you! I've never seen a man wear a skirt so well. You almost looked at home in it. I was pleased to see how you kept the wording clean when you described the fitting. Your wife must have been hysterical, I know I would have been laughing to the point of tears, as I was video taping my husband jumping and running around in a pink skirt. Smile I still am not a fan of the running skirt. I just can't get past how wearing sneakers with a skirt just looks odd. I have one but I only wear it at home on the treadmill. But knowing me, I'll end up changing my mind and end up wearing it outside. I need time to adjust to changes like that.

Michelle

mikeymike

Lessons learned from running? Hmmm... -The key to success in almost anything is eliminating anxiety. Relax, release the external goal, and focus. If it's in there it will come out. -God exists and he is pleased. -There's no place like home. -My dad was right. -Three hundred meters is a long way and twenty miles is not very far at all. -Food is good. -Yet many people who look like the could stand to skip a few meals eat in their cars whilst driving. -Limits are for being tested. -There is pain and there is intensity. Intensity is good. Pain is bad. -A bad run is better than no run.

Runners run

Sluggard

Don't go running after eating half a pan pizza.
                              Thanks for all the... um, er, ah ...compliments about how I looked in that "ensemble". It was actually really fun to do. My daughter laughed and laughed and my son, who was 3 at the time, was clearly confused. My wife? She thought I was nuts (she knows me well) but put up with my lunacy. During the challenge, I was surprised to get attacked from some of the women who thought running in skirts, and my promoting the whole thing, was somehow denigrating to women. Other women were quite supportive and saw I was just trying to have fun and support a small business (runningskirts.com). In the realm of the bizarre, my video has become something of a celebrity piece among men who like to dress in skirts. I honestly don't know how I feel about being a vanguard of that movement! To each their own but I think I'll stick to doing this sort of thing for fun and a good cause. Speaking of which, In the end, I was proud of the money we raised. I'm guessing it was around $5000 although I am not certain because we made it very informal - people were encouraged to donate to their favorite charity and informally report back. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Smile Mark
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Speaking of which, In the end, I was proud of the money we raised. I'm guessing it was around $5000 although I am not certain because we made it very informal - people were encouraged to donate to their favorite charity and informally report back.
                                I'm trying to talk my hubby into wearing one of the cycling skirts when he does a benefit ride for the JDRF in Aug. I think it would be a great way to raise money for the charity--send money and see Derek ride 105 miles in the Rockies in a skirt! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay