Look Who Has Some *Running* Miles on His Graph! WhoooooHooooo! (Read 942 times)

Another Passion

Felt pretty good on a walk/jog this evening of 6.25 miles. I jogged 3.5, not all in succession, but they were still jogged miles! Details in my log for those of you who care. So far, no ill-effects in the injury area that I can tell. For those of you who didn't know, I had unknowingly trained for and ran my first marathon back in mid-April with a right distal tibia stress fracture and have been on the bench since then. So, I am pretty excited about getting back at it this evening. Even if half of the miles were walked. Thanks to so many of you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers and your words of encouragement over the last several months. Isn't there a marathon in Tennessee in November?!? Roll eyes

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

JakeKnight

About. Freakin'. Time. So anyway, whens your next marathon?
      Isn't there a marathon in Tennessee in November?!? Roll eyes
      Good. You're already way ahead of me. See you in November. Remember: registration on August 1. Don't be late.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Another Passion

About. Freakin'. Time. So anyway, whens your next marathon? Good. You're already way ahead of me. See you in November. Remember: registration on August 1. Don't be late.
        It'll be the first thing I do after midnight on the first. Roll eyes I was contemplating coming down to volunteer and jeer at the insane knuckleheads running this torture race cheer for the runners in the race. Thanks, btw.

Rick

Woohoooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Am I happy for you!! That's sooooo great to hear Rick!! Smile
          JakeKnight

Thanks, btw.
            If you run it, I'll run it with you. As in, with you. I'll give you the guided tour. I know where the worst monkeys hide. Just sayin'. Cuz really, I don't want to run it alone anymore. It scares me.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Another Passion

If you run it, I'll run it with you. As in, with you. I'll give you the guided tour. I know where the worst monkeys hide. Just sayin'. Cuz really, I don't want to run it alone anymore. It scares me.
              Someday my friend... someday. I'll bring the monkey repellent and the beers you missed at my house following the GCM. MTA: Thanks Joni. Watching you're improvement and mileage building really helped to keep me encouraged, Joni.

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So does this mean you might be up for running the GR HM...? You know, so I have more peeps to hold up the HTFU sign for... Big grin This is the best news ever, Rick! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wow, this IS a good week. First I found bars in HurricaneShaunna's log, and now this. Two off the bench in one week is GREAT stuff, I've been waiting impatiently to see this post. Take it easy tiger, what say we leave that spot on the bench vacant for.....oh I dunno.....maybe forever? Congrats, congrats, congrats!

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Another Passion

Thanks Zoomy and Ed. It's nice to be off the bench. Hopefully forever. No race plans as yet, Zoomy. I'm just gonna see how I can progress... slowly. That's GREAT news about Shauna as well, Ed!

Rick

Welcome back, Rick! Good to see you out there on the roads again, bro!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Great news, Rick! Be careful!! I did a little too much last week and now my ankle is letting me know it.

Dave

Very good to see you back, Rick.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

A Saucy Wench

Welcome back Rick! Its been quiet sad, just sad here without you.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Welcome, redux!!
                              It'll be the first thing I do after midnight on the first. Roll eyes
                              Registration opens at 8am central time.
                              Ringmaster

Hey, glad you're off the bench, Rick! Your marathon story was a great inspiration . . . here's to a great recovery and many more happy miles ahead!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                                Mile by Mile