Couch to 100 plan? (Read 137 times)

rlopez

Does anyone have a couch-to-100 mile plan? I have slightly less than 4 months until the Javelina Jundred.

I am in constant chronic pain.

I can run 5 miles at one time.

ok bye

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think all you need for Javelina Jundred is a costume.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

rlopez

But I am supposed to run 100 miles in 100 degree heat in the costume.

Running Problem

Problem Child

It might not be 100 degrees. Plan on your costume including shade. Also plan on hiking a lot even though it's not a very hilly course according to most ultra runners. I'd try to run at all times during the day but slow...like simulate race pace slow and run for time (4+ hours) if you could.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

I would have run the western states as preparation run. Just my 2 cents. Best rgds, MJ

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Couch to 100 plan?  There’s an experienced ultra runner on here...I think his name is rlopez. He’s the person to ask.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

You have plenty of time

just add a mile a day to your run

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Dave  groggins did it when he was way over 200 pounds so you can do it

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

rlopez

I would have run the western states as preparation run. Just my 2 cents. Best rgds, MJ

I did that for Vermont once.

rlopez

Couch to 100 plan?  There’s an experienced ultra runner on here...I think his name is rlopez. He’s the person to ask.

He won't take my phone calls. You might mean a cat named xor though.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So you'll need a cool costume. How about one of the Blues Brothers?

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

rlopez

So you'll need a cool costume. How about one of the Blues Brothers?

Interesting you bring this up. I volunteered at the 2018 race. For 3 days solid (setting up packet pickup, packet pickup, and all the way through the race). My typical volunteer outfit is 'cowboy' or 'sheriff'. My second costume for 2018 was... Blues Brothers. But it was way way too hot and I wound up in a strange combo of "cowboy wearing blues brothers sunglasses and hat".

But, hey, I co-won the volunteer-of-the-year award with a gal dressed as Jackie O who ALSO stayed the whole time. (she should have won it outright)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Interesting you bring this up. I volunteered at the 2018 race. For 3 days solid (setting up packet pickup, packet pickup, and all the way through the race). My typical volunteer outfit is 'cowboy' or 'sheriff'. My second costume for 2018 was... Blues Brothers. But it was way way too hot and I wound up in a strange combo of "cowboy wearing blues brothers sunglasses and hat".

But, hey, I co-won the volunteer-of-the-year award with a gal dressed as Jackie O who ALSO stayed the whole time. (she should have won it outright)

You may remember Gary Fanelli, represented American Samoa in the 1988 Olympics in the marathon.  He and a buddy of his used to run and win races in my area dressed as the Blues Brothers.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Have you considered thinking pure thoughts, and running like a navy seal ostrich?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Ah, borrow Bob's G string?  Plus sun screen.

steph