My cat gets weird when I whistle (Read 877 times)

coastwalker

I can make any kind of noise I want. Cat continues to sleep, although she might open an eye for a second to let me know I'm bothering her.

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

I put some time in on a variety of instruments. The flute seems to be OK with the cat-when I play the Eb tuba she gives me a "what the hell is that?" look, but when I even reach for the alto saxophone case, she's gone without a backward glance.

Feeling the growl again

I grew up about 3 miles outside of a small town that set off its fire siren to mark 8am, 12pm, and 5pm.  For the 12 years he was alive before he went deaf, my childhood mutt would amble out into the front lawn as the distant siren sounded and look towards town.  Once it was no longer audible to humans (if you were really in town you knew it continued on at a lower frequency long after it was audible further away) he'd howl mournfully at it for about 3-5 minutes.  Funny stuff.

Cats always act odd around me.  I'd think they were paranoid but since I am really out to get them, I guess not.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yeah, in the town where I grew up, they would sound the civil defense sirens every day at noon.  All the dogs in town would stop what they were doing to join the Great Dog for a howl.

keeponrunning

I put some time in on a variety of instruments. The flute seems to be OK with the cat-when I play the Eb tuba she gives me a "what the hell is that?" look, but when I even reach for the alto saxophone case, she's gone without a backward glance.

My cats don't mind my piano playing, love my singing apparently, absolutely detest guitar (unplugged or plugged), and you should've seen them when I played piccolo. :O  Don't seem to hate flute as much.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

My friends cats go bug f+ck when she hums.

- Anya

My cat does, too.  I was just looking at a video last night I took about a year ago the day we realized my cat does this...my husband was sitting on the couch whistling, and she would run over, jump on the couch, bite his arm, jump down, run away, come back, bite his arm, repeat repeat repeat. It was hilarious.

She's ok with humming. In fact, whenever we hum the theme from Godfather she comes running and sits next to us. Not sure if she's showing us family loyalty, or implying she's going to kill us...hmmm....

- Anna 

I want to be famous in the way a pulley is famous, or a buttonhole,

not because it did anything spectacular,   

but because it never forgot what it could do.

- Naomi Shihab Nye 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

What do you call 100 saxophones at the bottom of the ocean?  A good start.

My cat does, too.  I was just looking at a video last night I took about a year ago the day we realized my cat does this...my husband was sitting on the couch whistling, and she would run over, jump on the couch, bite his arm, jump down, run away, come back, bite his arm, repeat repeat repeat. It was hilarious.

She's ok with humming. In fact, whenever we hum the theme from Godfather she comes running and sits next to us. Not sure if she's showing us family loyalty, or implying she's going to kill us...hmmm....

Is your cat Italian ? 

We have a cat named Gotti.  And yes, he's a mob boss Smile

- Anya

Hoban-Jay

Really???   Only when you whistle?  My experience is that cats are weird fairly consistently...or at least 24/7/365.

Deby Moore

I think some cats to that.. My cat always runs to me every time I whistle.