GCM Race Report - rvelich's - VERY Long (Read 1121 times)

Another Passion

Ok, I tried copying the report over from my blog to here, but I kept getting all kind of crap coming with it so, please feel free to click the link to my blog report to follow for my very long race report with pics for the illiterate-types (look who's talking) like JK. Sorry for the inconvenience. Roll eyes http://runningforcassy.blogspot.com/2008/04/glass-city-marathon-race-report.html

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Amazing race report, Rick! Again, congratulations on your race. Big grin

Amy

AWESOME! Way to hang in there when the going was tough. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Dog-Love

Wow...I think I felt your pain as I was reading your report. I now want to un-register for a 2008 marathon. Very excellent job Rick and so great you had such wonderful family (blood and RA) support.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Amazing job racing and reporting! Thanks for sharing, and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

Me and my RP

Thanks for the great race report, Rick! Like everyone else, I'm hoping your leg heals soon and you're able to run pain-free soon. Congrats!
                I don't think I have Cried this much in months, as I have reading Ricks and Freckles race reports! Cry When someone gets the Idea in their head of " I think I want to start running" and is plagued with all the newbie issues, they need to read your race report Rick. Your family is so lucky to call you Husband/Dad, and you are inspiring so many of us newbies and reminding us why we decied to become runners in the first place. An Amazing Report, and JK and Mishka are true angels, (one of them in a gorilla suit) and I am so glad they were with you that day. Take care of that leg, and let us know how you are healing up.... You Made Cassy so Proud~ Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Ojo

Wow! Amazing race report! And what a way to end it with the announcer saying "This run's for you Cassy!" -- really brought tears to my eyes! Congrats!

Sara

MM #2929

Think Whirled Peas

Awesome Rick! I'm really proud of you partner! I know you've worked hard to make it to the starting line and it's great to read about your whole experience on making it through to the finish. You have endured some real hardship through this process, and if I know you, I'd say you wouldn't have it any other way. Congratulations again, and take some well deserved time off to get healed up, for this isn't the end...it has only now begun!!!!! Smile

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Lazy idiot

Rick, awesome job! Congratulations, and hope you're back to 100% in no time.

Tick tock

I think I almost crashed the proxy server at work yesterday, refreshing the Racing page about 1000 times looking for your report. The best race reports for me are the ones that make me feel like I was the one on the course, and on a scale of 1 to 10 your report is an 11. A coworker attempted to get my attention while I was reading it, needless to say she failed miserably. Covering 26.2 in those weather conditions is a remarkable feat, doing it with such significant physical hardship defies description. Amazing falls way short, and even inspirational doesn't get the job done. It goes without saying that all of RA is very proud of you, but Cassy must be setting some kind of world record for proud. Thanks so much for sharing your journey, recover quickly and well my friend.

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Me

Congratulations Rick! As you said in your blog, you are now a marathoner. I volunteered at the GCM, setting up and tearing down the drink stations. It was a miserable day to run. Your race report is inspiring. Thanks for sharing it. Mike
                            Great Race Report! Way to represent Michigan. Not a bad time either.
                              Rick, Inspiring race. It says a lot about you, and the power of running with purpose. Kenny
                                Way to tough it out! I read every word, loved it all. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.