2021 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 267 times)

Julia1971

Starting a new thread in light of today's announcement that the 2021 Boston Marathon will occur on October 11th, (Massachusett's reopening plan permitting).

Running Problem

Problem Child

In. Looking forward to meeting some imaginary friends there for photo opportunities.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Julia1971

Assuming I can travel there, I'm still focusing on the London Marathon, which will be the week before.  However, I could conceivably try to do both as was my intention last year.  We will see...

delicate flower

I doubt I'll get in with my -4:25 but I'll try.  If I don't get in, so be it.  I'll get there again.  If I do get in, it'll be a day trip for me.  Bus up in the early morning and bus home after the race, thanks to my running club.

I've gotten my last several BQ's on humid 80 degree days, so once I hit 50 for the extra five minutes (this fall), I should be able to get a good BQ if I can get some somewhat decent race weather for a damn change.

<3

Running Problem

Problem Child

I doubt I'll get in with my -4:25 but I'll try.  If I don't get in, so be it.  I'll get there again.  If I do get in, it'll be a day trip for me.  Bus up in the early morning and bus home after the race, thanks to my running club.

I've gotten my last several BQ's on humid 80 degree days, so once I hit 50 for the extra five minutes (this fall), I should be able to get a good BQ if I can get some somewhat decent race weather for a damn change.

This is the biggest group of people I'm afraid of applying this year. 2018 qualifiers who could be back home for dinner deciding they want to do it since it's the 125th and 2019 was canceled...along with literally ever other race they could have signed up for.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

From the Internet.

Bah, I'm pregnant and I'll be ~3 months postpartum. I'll have to think on it - I would be aiming to just finish, which isn't my favorite anyway, if I'm cleared to run in enough time at all. If I can use my 2021 qualifier for 2022 instead I'd much rather do that and leave a 2021 slot open for someone who's actually going to be ready to run in Oct. I'm hoping we'll hear more about the potential qualifying window for next year before I have to make a decision.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Maybe they do a deferral like CIM. Use your time for one race between 2021 and 2025.

VDOT 53.37 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Assuming I can travel there, I'm still focusing on the London Marathon, which will be the week before.  However, I could conceivably try to do both as was my intention last year.  We will see...

Well if you decide to do both then at least you’ll have an extra 2 days recovery as Boston is normally 6 days before London. 

I’ll be up for Boston 2022 if things get back to some kind of normality and hopefully I’ll get a BQ at London. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

This is the biggest group of people I'm afraid of applying this year. 2018 qualifiers who could be back home for dinner deciding they want to do it since it's the 125th and 2019 was canceled...along with literally ever other race they could have signed up for.

Why?  If you don’t get in then just suck it up and start training for the next available Boston. And make sure you run fast enough so that there is no endless drama about whether you make the cut or not.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Why?  If you don’t get in then just suck it up and start training for the next available Boston. And make sure you run fast enough so that there is no endless drama about whether you make the cut or not.

Why am I afraid? Oh probably because the race has never extended the qualifying period, has never allowed more than the 50,000 people limit in, and has continued to show it requires being faster and faster to get in. I can just skip the race everyone thinks is so great and pick a marathon costing me less in travel, hotel, and vacation.

VDOT 53.37 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Why am I afraid? Oh probably because the race has never extended the qualifying period, has never allowed more than the 50,000 people limit in, and has continued to show it requires being faster and faster to get in. I can just skip the race everyone thinks is so great and pick a marathon costing me less in travel, hotel, and vacation.

Yep, that’s what I’ve done for the last 12 years and have enjoyed every single marathon...large and small.

Maybe you need to question why you’re so obsessed with Boston 2021....likes/kudos on social media? If that’s the case then good luck. 👍

Running Problem

Problem Child

Yep, that’s what I’ve done for the last 12 years and have enjoyed every single marathon...large and small.

Maybe you need to question why you’re so obsessed with Boston 2021....likes/kudos on social media? If that’s the case then good luck. 👍

No need to question it. I know why I want to run it. 
                          this place is pretty much my only social media. I have a YouTube account if that matters.

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Virtual options announced.

VDOT 53.37 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Running Problem

Problem Child

VDOT 53.37