Show off your stompin' ground! (Read 983 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I LOVE these radio and TV ads for MI. Tim Allen is a MI boy and narrates them all. I have heard the radio ads mostly on WGN Radio (Chicago) and have seen a few of the TV ads, as well. They really make MI look like paradise (and some parts of it do feel that way from time to time). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

I knew i recognized the voice, i just couldn't place it! you really can't beat lakeshore MI in the summertime. Gets just as hot as the more exotic southern locations, but without the pesky wild snakes, gators, quakes, etc. (sending out a cheer for tomorrow's weather....94 baby!! Big grin) Winter MI could use some work though. Tongue
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

you really can't beat lakeshore MI in the summertime. Gets just as hot as the more exotic southern locations, but without the pesky wild snakes, gators, quakes, etc. (sending out a cheer for tomorrow's weather....94 baby!! Big grin)
        And we can cool down in the lake, which is bonus! BTW, that radio spot about Muskegon Cty. gets me misty...the bit about Duck Lake State Park... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

I'll be headed up to the UP next month. Very excited to get back as I've not been in over 10 years.

Tick tock

i had no idea michigan was so pretty! i should go out there (fella's dad is out in grand rapids) to see for myself! this is where i run when i visit my dad: (omg-- HILLS! smells like eucalyptus, sage & labdanum... awesome!) this is where i run when i have my summers off: raritan canal-- i pick it up in new brunswick, where i went to college. it goes all the way to princeton, so you can make your run 2 miles or 48! summers, i work 1.3 miles from the entrance to the tow path, so i just change and go. this is where i run during the school year: obviously, the skyline has changed somewhat =( i just found a footpath to liberty state park, though, so i'll be running there more often, too (no shade, though).
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

i had no idea michigan was so pretty! i should go out there (fella's dad is out in grand rapids) to see for myself!
              Shyrunner (Andrea), Sockoni (Joni), backroadrunner (Eryn) and I are all an hour or less from GR... Big grin You really have some neat places to run. k

~ Sarah Kay

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

And we can cool down in the lake, which is bonus! BTW, that radio spot about Muskegon Cty. gets me misty...the bit about Duck Lake State Park... Big grin k
                Duck Lake State Park has towering sand dunes???? I guess "towering" is sort of relative... did

i had no idea michigan was so pretty! i should go out there (fella's dad is out in grand rapids) to see for myself! this is where i run when i visit my dad: (omg-- HILLS! smells like eucalyptus, sage & labdanum... awesome!) this is where i run when i have my summers off: raritan canal-- i pick it up in new brunswick, where i went to college. it goes all the way to princeton, so you can make your run 2 miles or 48! summers, i work 1.3 miles from the entrance to the tow path, so i just change and go. this is where i run during the school year: obviously, the skyline has changed somewhat =( i just found a footpath to liberty state park, though, so i'll be running there more often, too (no shade, though).
                  Beautiful! I feel sad everytime I see a pic or illustration that shows the NYC Skyline before the devestation Sad

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Duck Lake State Park has towering sand dunes???? I guess "towering" is sort of relative... did
                    Yeah...I know. Towering compared to Sleeping Bear Dunes...I think not! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have shown these before and recently, but this is where I run a bit. Two miles from my house, and home to a seldom seen breed of flying monkeys. Click
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That park is so beautiful, Trent. Does it always look so idyllic? k

~ Sarah Kay

This is my home city. Its not perhaps the image of NZ that people are used to seeing but its a more realistic look at the environment I live in, taken over the few months I've lived here. Wellington photoset This one is perhaps more classically "NZ", taken a few months ago on South Island Kaikoura Range Today I had the privilege to hear the Dalai Lama speak. I sat afterwards looking at the harbour and feeling just so grateful for everything that has happened in the last year. Despite some hard parts I know I've been the luckiest girl in the world to have ended up here.
                            Here's my current stomping ground- only .25 miles down the road!!!
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is my home city. Its not perhaps the image of NZ that people are used to seeing but its a more realistic look at the environment I live in, taken over the few months I've lived here. Wellington photoset This one is perhaps more classically "NZ", taken a few months ago on South Island Kaikoura Range
                              Man, I REALLY want to visit NZ someday. What a beautiful country! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That park is so beautiful, Trent. Does it always look so idyllic? k
                                Yes, even as the seasons and the foliage change.