*pop* is never what you want to hear coming from your knee (Read 533 times)

Yesterday at the very end, literally the last minute, of my easy five mile run, i heard a *pop* in me knee. Not just my knee cap; the pain that came with the pop is behind my knee cap, running on the inside of my leg. I walked it off, didn't push myself the rest of the day, figured some RICE would be a good idea. Today, that area hurts walking up and down stairs and it bothered me on my short 3 mile treadmill run. Any ideas what this could be? It's not swelling (although its hard to tell because I have chubby knees), but it is bothering me. Some more RICE won't hurt, and I'll take tomorrow off running, but I was just curious if anyone has ever had a similar problem as this? Anyone know what could be hurting me?
    "If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it."
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A very little bit...it still twinges a little today, but only going up and down stairs, so I guess rest is all that it needs!
      "If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it."
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Patellar dislocation, most likely. Minimal swelling and hurts most on stairs. You need quad strengthening.