Pedaled 147ish miles across the state of MI, yesterday! (Read 1080 times)

Nice work Zoomy!  Pool party at DGF's!!!!!

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Nice work Zoomy!  Pool party at DGF's!!!!!

Woohoo! At least nobody crapped in the pool this time!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Woohoo! At least nobody crapped in the pool this time!

My bike looks like someone crapped on it, though...filthy bike is filthy!

Oby 2 Kenobi is getting his first official bath, tomorrow! Cool

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

Damn, Zoomie, just read your write-up and that sounded painful! You're a tough chickie!

Ex runner

Great accomplishment and write up!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, ladies...though I'm not so much tough as stubborn.  At the lunch stop it was starting to look like we'd maybe have to pack it in, depending upon the line the front took and its velocity moving through the area.  This gave me such a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.  I had made it beyond the halfway mark and the most challenging portion of the route was behind me.  At least one of the people I was riding with was thisclose to calling it a day.  I had looked so forward to this ride for so long and really was upset at the thought of having to ride a couple of hours home in the car in defeat.

~ Sarah Kay

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

You are a SUPERHERO!

TRUST THE PROCESS

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You are a SUPERHERO!

Well, I do wear spandex! Evil (but no cape...I learned that from The Incredibles)

~ Sarah Kay

Old, Slow, Happy

Zoomy--You're doing all those things I keep talking about but never accomplish.

Great Job!!!

Way to Go!!!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Great report on your blog. I knew you'd rock it.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomy--You're doing all those things I keep talking about but never accomplish.

Great Job!!!

Way to Go!!!

Richard, you should join us next year!  It was really like a rolling party for much of the ride.  I wish I could do this more than once/year.

~ Sarah Kay

Old, Slow, Happy

Richard, you should join us next year!  It was really like a rolling party for much of the ride.  I wish I could do this more than once/year.

I'll see what I can do.  I still run more than I bike.  High school socceer practice starts in mid July which seems to take all my recreation time.  I'll need to get serious next year if I join you.  I'll let you know.  I waved to you from US 31 on my way to Onekama (Manistee) last summer.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I waved to you from US 31 on my way to Onekama (Manistee) last summer.

Manistee is so nice.  I'd love to ride up there and back, sometime.

~ Sarah Kay

Old, Slow, Happy

Manistee is so nice.  I'd love to ride up there and back, sometime.

Our church camp is in Onekama, about 12 miles north and west of Manistee.  We might skip next year.  If we go up, maybe I'll ride down to meet you and head back. 

They have the North Country Trail 50 Mile run there in August. My son and I talk about trying it.  I'm not ready yet after my 2 years of runners knee, torn calf muscle, and achilles tendonosis.  I'm still working at getting back.

Hope to meet you some day!!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Our church is in Onekama, about 12 miles north and west of Manistee.  We might skip next year.  If we go up, maybe I'll ride down to meet you and head back. 

They have the North Country Trail 50 Mile run there in August. My son and I talk about trying it.  I'm not ready yet after my 2 years of runner knee, torn calf muscle, and achilles tendonosis.  I'm still working at getting back.

Hope to meet you some day!!

You know, there is a NCT marathon and half at the same time, too.  I really would love to do the half, someday...but that's the same trail that took out my left ankle last Summer, so I'm sorta gunshy.  I hope to get back for the relay again, next year.  I have babied my ankle this year (hence the reduction in running and increase in bike time).

We should totally meet in Ludington.  I think that would be about 90 miles, round-trip, for me...totally doable in a day.  I could just make a century of it! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay