entering length of run (Read 808 times)

ScottChapman

If I mapped out a route, and I enter an new running entry, why do I need to enter in the distance? Can't it get that from the route?
    eric :)

Scott, That's a good point. I'll get that fixed. eric Smile

You'll ruin your knees!

It is OK to pre-populate the length of run with the distance of the route you select, but please allow an override, as I may run on a route I have mapped, but may not run the entire distance, or I may run loops on the route and want to make sure I have flexibility to not be required to enter the route multiple times (ex: route from home x1, route from home x2, route from home x3...etc...) Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Lynn, This change will only affects how the distance field is pre-populated. Right now, if you have a map but no default course distance, the distance field is blank. What this change will do is pre-populate the distance field using the map's distance if you have a map. Did this help, or am I making it more confusing? eric Smile
          ScottChapman

Eric, I think you are describing exactly what I was expecting. I suppose you could also add a "laps" field to record how many times that route was run...
            ScottChapman

Another thing I noticed was that when I am mapping out a route, even though the distance is calculated for me in the googlemaps display, the distance field of the form is not populated.

Another thing I noticed was that when I am mapping out a route, even though the distance is calculated for me in the googlemaps display, the distance field of the form is not populated.
                Scott, You're right in that having the default distance field be empty might be a little confusing for new users. I thought about filling the field with the map's distance, but decided to leave it blank and let the user fill it in instead. I don't think it's much of an issue anymore now that the run's distance field is filled in automatically. What do you think? eric Smile
                ScottChapman

Well, I was a new user when I ran into this, and it violated my rule of least astonishment... When I saw it calculating the distance, I had assumed it would be using that value. Changing it to something other than that seems like it would be an edge case.