Longest run to date (Read 1002 times)

Giants Fan

Ok, longest run ever since I started running. 18.07 miles!!! I can't believe I actually did that distance and didn't collapse! My legs were getting tired though, definitely felt things that I knew I could not control, just natural body reaction. But I made it!! Makes that marathon in Sept. look easier and easier!! CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

NICE! My longest run to date is 16 miles...that's a long way to run. I can't even fathom 18, yet. If you are already doing 18 you're going to be super ready for that marathon in Sept.! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Giants Fan

Thanks! I think when I first decided to try the marathon I didn't feel ready (even though those around me were more than confident) but the more I get into my training the more confident I become. Guess that is a good thing huh?

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

WohooO! Big grin That's awesome! You'll be ready for that marathon by Sept. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

My legs were getting tired though...
            I wonder why that would be? Wink Keep up the great work!

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Good job. You managed to do a 9:08 pace. Are you planning to go < 4 hrs. 4=""></ 4 hrs.>

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Giants Fan

I'm hoping to go below four hours yes. I'm thinking the last 6 miles of the marathon are going to seem like they last just as long as the first 20! CC

Charles Schulz

Another Passion

Congrats on the milestone!

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

WOW! That is awesome!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Great work! That's an awesome accomplishment!
                        Awesome job Smile Now just stay injury-free, September is going to be here before you know it!
                        Don't look at me, I'm just here to run.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I'm hoping to go below four hours yes. I'm thinking the last 6 miles of the marathon are going to seem like they last just as long as the first 20! CC
                          That is 100% true, but with enough 18-20 mile runs between now and sept, that wall so much easier on you, so keep it up, you're doing great already! Make sure you get some rest days in now too, so you can recover from the 18 and so on!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                          Gatorade Endurance Team

A Saucy Wench

Awesome!!!!! Big grin Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Nice job, that's awesome!!
                              It goes against pretty much all the marathon training plans, but marathons got a LOT easier for me when I started running the full distance in training on a somewhat regular basis. May be worth considering... it's nice to know what to expect out of your body before you actually get to race day. - Chris

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Congratulations! That's a GREAT accomplishment!!!!
                                ~ Fly ~
                                Only as much as I dream can I be.
                                veggies on the run