Auto fill weather during GPS import (Read 626 times)

What the heck I said as I imported my workout for today, this is fantastic!

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

spacityrunner

Very nice feature Eric...thank you!!!

Trails Rock!

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Great feature, Eric. Thanks.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

HappyFeat

I noticed this happened when I uploaded this morning. Kinda cool. Although I later edited the workout to un-check the "humid" tick box.

I reject the premise that it can be humid when it's 41° F and sunny. We don't call that humid, we call that glorious running weather.

Same thing for me. Humid here? Not a chance.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

bhearn

I was just noticed that on my upload and I was like, "wtf!" This is really great! Thank you!!

+1. Very cool. Although... there is a "windy" checkbox. Is this auto-imported? Is there a threshold? I'd call today windy, but the box wasn't checked.

Just uploaded my first. Very nice. Can't wait to see if you get the historical data populated; a look back at last winter would be entertaining.

Same thing here on the humidity - 85% humidity would technically be considered humid, but at 51 degrees sure doesn't feel that way. But not sure how you get around that one.

My greater source of puzzlement was the fact that the "Rain" box was checked, when there was not a raindrop anywhere in sight, and 0% chance of precipitation was all throughout the hourly figures on weather.com.

Dave

eric :)

I reject he premise that it can be humid when it's 41° F and sunny. We don't call that humid, we call that glorious running weather.

The humid flag depends on the dew point / relative humidity value.  I'll have to look up the minimum temperature for which it is relevant.

Just noticed this.  What a wonderful new addition.

Eric, if the workout spans a couple hours, during a time of day that sees a significant temp change, which time does it sample for the weather in the workout?  I assume the start time.

The weather is taken at the start of the run.  I'm not sure how to handle temperature changes.  Actually, I do, but it is far too elaborate for the scope of this change.

Just uploaded my first. Very nice. Can't wait to see if you get the historical data populated; a look back at last winter would be entertaining.

Same thing here on the humidity - 85% humidity would technically be considered humid, but at 51 degrees sure doesn't feel that way. But not sure how you get around that one.

My greater source of puzzlement was the fact that the "Rain" box was checked, when there was not a raindrop anywhere in sight, and 0% chance of precipitation was all throughout the hourly figures on weather.com.

I'll have to exact the weather data for your workout to see what happened.

skibug

Very nice... Thanks

Eric,

another option to consider long term may be to modify the workout template to include numerical fields for wind speed & % humidity, rather than checkboxes. (And maybe dewpoint temp & windchill factor while you're at it.)

Dave

Cyberic

Cool!

jbaco

The rain box was also checked on mine, with no rain in the forecast until tonight!

the "Rain" box was checked, when there was not a raindrop anywhere in sight,

Again today.

Dave

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

The rain box was also checked on mine, with no rain in the forecast until tonight!

That happened to me, too. So, I unchecked the box, and all is good. Unless you're using a weather station at your house for the data, it ain't going to be perfect .... but it is pretty darn good.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.