"Weights" Don't Appear as an Activity Option for Stats:XXX Gadget (Read 640 times)

I choose to add one of the Stats:XXX gadgets to my summary page (under options). In the selection box, many activity items appear (i.e. running, biking, hiking, etc.) but "Weights" is not one of them, even though I have records for that activity (I would like to see a summary of the amount time I spend weightlifting on a weekly and monthly basis). Great product, by the way. I have been using it for a year or so. I recently made a contribution to your efforts Smile
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Interesting. I see the same thing. I think it's a bug...

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

I left it out of the list because it doesn't show much info. I'm thinking of better ways to display that information.
        joaphill

Can you give some advice on better ways to display the data? I would really like it back as a summary option. My running summary and the number of times I lifted weights in the past week/month/year are the most important things to me when looking at the summary page. Thank you for all of your hard work.
          - Jonathan
          beerrunner

I have been thinking about the weights display. When I lift, I do a specific body part. Usually either, Chest, Back, Shoulders Arms or Legs. What I would like to see would be to have a group category added to the weights section, and then if the person wants they can input the individual exercises. Then when you go to display on the summary graph, it sort of work like running where you can see you did chest on MO/TH, back on WE, Shoulders on FR and so on. This would allow me to come in and easily see for example that for December I did chest 8 times, back 7 and legs 3 ( I always skip the legs for some reason – need to stop that ) Not sure this is the perfect solution, but it is something to start a discussion. Below is a quick mock-up of what I am thinking about:
            otodawD

I'm in favor of seeing the number of weight workouts in the summary too. Smile
              eric :)

I haven't done weights in a while so maybe the people that do should chime in on how they would want their data displayed. Since weights is a special case, I can create text based widgets, or even graphs. Having a count is simple enough thing to do but is that the best way to display the information?
                dklimas

I would also like to see the number of weight workouts (and duration) in the summary. This helps me to stay focused on strength in addition to running.

Former runner

One thing that I would use would be a graph or summary of pushups that I log. Just something that would summarize the total number of reps for each day/week/month.

Ross

I haven't done weights in a while so maybe the people that do should chime in on how they would want their data displayed. Since weights is a special case, I can create text based widgets, or even graphs. Having a count is simple enough thing to do but is that the best way to display the information?
                      Count and amount of time would be enough for me.
                      Wingz

Professional Noob

One thing that I would use would be a graph or summary of pushups that I log. Just something that would summarize the total number of reps for each day/week/month.
                        I had been logging each push-up as a meter. Then, on the old log, it would show how many "meters" I had covered. You could try logging them as meters (or miles, I suppose) and then make a custom graph to show the "distance" you covered under this workout type... And you could use the little widgits on the summary page for that workout type too.

Roads were made for journeys...