First 5 Mile Run (Read 732 times)

Finished!

Today, in honor of RunningMan and the passing of the winter solstice, I ran my first 5 mile run - ran every step, and had a good time of it too - I reminded myself to just "take it easy" and not to huff and puff and while it did make a difference in my pace (slower than the last time I made a 5mi attempt - but I also ran-walked that one), it was much more pleasurable. The day dawned cold and crisp (a little warmer today than other days this week - no freeze warning last night Wink ) and the morning light was magical, filtered through whispy clouds that aren't often found down this way over the desert. I saw a coyote, and a cottontail (not together) along with numerous birds. Since the kids don't have school today, the traffic was extra light on my route, which made it even better. What a fantastic way to welcome in the holidays Big grin
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry

Prophet!

nice one! Big phat congrats on the 5 miler... Smile

You'll ruin your knees!

Good job! Merry Christmas! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is really awesome...I hope Bernie feels the love and healthy vibes we sent his way during our runs in his honor. Let this run live in your memory to get you through the icky runs we all endure from time to time. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay