Are you a "dog" (social) or "cat" (I run by myself) runner? (Read 314 times)

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

I'm definitely a solo person. I do take my dogs or push my boy sin the stroller a decent amount of the time but for the most part my run time is me time.

PRs

1-Mile - 6:18 on 4-4-2015

5K - 21:48 on 10-31-2015

10K - 47:57 on 10-24-2015

HM - 1:52:36 on 3-25-2017

FULL - 4:41:12 on 1-11-2015

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Disney World 19.3 Challenge

Race the Runways 10K

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I started out as a "meow" running solo for 4 years until meeting and running with Coach Ashley in Austin, TX. Since then I've enjoyed running with the groups she organizes, even if I have to play rabbit at times, letting the faster group catch up to slow poke me. So these days I'm more a mixed bag of half "meow" half "dog"! Really enjoy running with a group with the encouragement, support, etc it provides but also nice to get out there solo and into "ones self"

MTA: I ran solo for years out of necessity. Initially lived in an area where there were no morning runners. Then moved to Austin, the "Fit City" and found that even with all the running groups in town that even the old men were way faster than me!

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

You know, thinking about it, I've never had an opportunity to "just run" with a group, outside of races.  So, involuntary meowing so far...but even though I'd like to try it sometime, I do think it would eventually drive me crazy to run with a group, since most of my runs have target paces, intervals, etc. that I'm trying to hit.  But I sure don't mind the social aspect of races, as anyone who's been "lucky" enough to be near me for more than 15 minutes will attest.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You know, thinking about it, I've never had an opportunity to "just run" with a group, outside of races.  So, involuntary meowing so far...but even though I'd like to try it sometime, I do think it would eventually drive me crazy to run with a group, since most of my runs have target paces, intervals, etc. that I'm trying to hit.  But I sure don't mind the social aspect of races, as anyone who's been "lucky" enough to be near me for more than 15 minutes will attest.

Yes, I like being social and all, but basically, when it comes to running, I'm afraid I'm a self-centered SOB, and want to run the way I want to run.  Also, it's a lot easier to just head out the door running than to make arrangements to meet someone at an appointed time.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I ran WITH my dog, an Australian shepherd, this morning.  It was only the second time I've tried, because at 18 months he still acts like a puppy.  But he's getting the hang of it and I really enjoy it.  My "run" is only a slow trot for him, but I guess it's better than walking.

obiebyke

Teresa, I'm a cat, but I wish I could run with you! We're the same kind of slow. Rare. Big grinBlush

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

NikoRosa, your dog looks a little sad about that.

I actually do run with my dog.  I was trying to act normal and not count him as people.

Leah, mother of dogs

SubDood

SubDood, your dog looks like a comedian.

My dog IS a comedian. Just ask our cats.

LRB

Cat, because my avi says so.

I run easy in groups without a problem but when doing intervals, strides, or some other type of quality work, it's business before BS.