Christmas Gifts (Read 396 times)

BIS

High Horse

Hopefully I am not overstepping my limited welcome here with yet another off the beaten path topic. 

Being kidless parents DW try and hideout this time of year.

How much stress, bother and planning goes into your Christmas shopping? Is this a big time stressful period, especially you parents with kiddos?

How much shopping do you do on the internet, malls, small downtown boutiques? 

Funny shopping stories? Strategies? 

Smile

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member ~ Groucho Marx.

Village people

I hate the mall! We live close to the Massachusetts border, so we get a lot of massholes coming up for tax free shopping. It gets crazy. I try to do all my shopping online. Our families live in Canada and they usually send us money to shop for my kids. 

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I do a lot of shopping online and I start pretty early. I don't have kids, but I have a fair amount of people to buy for...I like to get fun and unique gifts so I've picked up cool things for Christmas even when I'm on my summer vacation. Plus, I hate having to drop like $500 the week before Christmas because I've put it off. I do hate going to the mall, but I hate that anytime (I do a lot of my own shopping for work clothes and running clothes online). I don't get into the Black Friday madness--for one, I don't need anything myself, like a TV or something, so I'm not going to buy one just because it's on sale. And I don't want to get some generic gift for my friends or family just because it was on sale. I can kind of understand parents whose kids want the latest most popular thing for Christmas, though. I'm just not in that boat.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Don't call me Buttercup!

I've done all my shopping so far on line, and it's kind of making me sad.  Half the fun (to me) is being out and about and looking at stuff and touching it and paying for it, etc, etc.  Shopping online is faster and easier, but not as much fun.  

I am kind of grumpy about gifts this year, though, since I like to give gifts because I want to, not out of social obligation, but I found out that my brother's girlfriend bought me a gift and now I feel like I have to get her something.  Bah. 

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

s k i p p y

I want the new ASICS GEL NIMBUS 14's  women's size 9 PLEEEEEEEEEZE

thanks santa 

BIS

High Horse

I want the new ASICS GEL NIMBUS 14's  women's size 9 PLEEEEEEEEEZE

thanks santa 

All I want for Christmas is Skippy. 

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member ~ Groucho Marx.

foxbite2

fight with your family....then your Christmas buying goes way down...no stress here

A Saucy Wench

online all the way

Sometimes I will go to the stores if I am stuck for inspiration

Kids are easy.  Kids tell you what they want and then you just have to figure out your budget.  Although there is some stress involved.  My kids can ask Santa for ONE present.  Problem is the last couple years they have picked things that simply dont exist.  For example ds this year wants an elephant dream light .  i finally figured out what a dream light is but they dont make elephant.  Santa apparently thinks elephant = triceratops.

Dh on the other hand.  I've been out of present ideas for him for the last 12 years. He usually gets me movies he wants to watch so maybe I'll buy him some chic flicks

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

gusgordon

I hate the mall! We live close to the Massachusetts border, so we get a lot of massholes coming up for tax free shopping. It gets crazy. I try to do all my shopping online. Our families live in Canada and they usually send us money to shop for my kids. 

Canadian Christmas is like a month earlier than the real Christmas, right?

I love my Amazon Prime membership.

Especially this time of year.

Ennay, I've also had 12 years of not knowing what to get my husband.  I like the chick flick idea.