Look What My Fiancee Can Do! (Read 2192 times)

eric :)

Ha, I have a project for the week! Tongue k
    Kirsten, are you taking requests? How about a logo? Big grinBig grinBig grinBig grinBig grinBig grin
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, that would be fun! Any specific size or format requirements? Color (I assume to match the rest of the site), font...? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

Ooh, that would be fun! Any specific size or format requirements? Color (I assume to match the rest of the site), font...? k
        You're really taking orders? That would be awesome! I don't have much requirements. It doesn't have to match the rest of the site, which will help make it more visible. It would be nice if it looks decent as a favicon, but I might be stretching it.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Let me see what I can come up with... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

For the record ... my honey ran a 29:10 5-K on Thanksgiving. That's a - wait for it - almost TEN MINUTE improvement over her Memorial Day 5-K. 10 minutes in under 6 months. She came in in the top third of her age group, and nearly the top 25% of all runners. Pretty cool. And then she went running today, too ... Smile So hot ...!

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

For the record ... my honey ran a 29:10 5-K on Thanksgiving. That's a - wait for it - almost TEN MINUTE improvement over her Memorial Day 5-K. 10 minutes in under 6 months.
              Wow. That's an amazing improvement! Congrats to her! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For the record ... my honey ran a 29:10 5-K on Thanksgiving. That's a - wait for it - almost TEN MINUTE improvement over her Memorial Day 5-K. 10 minutes in under 6 months. She came in in the top third of her age group, and nearly the top 25% of all runners.
                Damn, that is some truly awesome progress! WTG JK's fiancée!!! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

I'm resurrecting this thread because, well, I want to. The girl now weighs 114 pounds. She lost almost 50 pounds. The people at Weight Watchers are trying to hire her to work for them. No, I'm not kidding. At this very moment, while I'm sitting her nursing my battle wounds, she's out running a 7-miler in the heat. When I started this thread, we couldn't run together. She had to walk every few minutes, and her pace was painfully slow. Now we run together every Sunday, and although its still a slow pace - it's not all that slow. A good easy pace for me. On our last run, she maintained close to 10:00 pace. The best part? She told me I was holding her back. And I was. I was tapering, you see, so my pace was a bit too slow for her. Cool, huh? She's run one 8-miler with me, in Percy Warner park, where there are no easy miles. We started at the Stone Gate entrance and ran right up that hill that still gives me nightmares. And she still doesn't call herself a runner. I peeked at her running log. It's on paper and written with a pen, if you can believe it. How old school of her. Very low tech. But I realized she's easily averaging well over 20 miles per week. She'd be well up in the rankings of the 1000 mile club. Not too shabby. Just wanted to share. She's an inspiration. And as I just said elsewhere, she's proof that consistent, steady, patient training - works. All new runners, all those frustrated with their progress, need to know it. With time, and consistency, it works miraculously well. You can all do it, with time and determination.

The best part? She told me I was holding her back. And I was. I was tapering, you see, so my pace was a bit too slow for her. Cool, huh?
                    Big grin Thanks for sharing about your fiance and you getting her fire started!

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I peeked at her running log. It's on paper and written with a pen, if you can believe it. How old school of her. Very low tech. But I realized she's easily averaging well over 20 miles per week. She'd be well up in the rankings of the 1000 mile club. Not too shabby. Just wanted to share. She's an inspiration. And as I just said elsewhere, she's proof that consistent, steady, patient training - works. All new runners, all those frustrated with their progress, need to know it. With time, and consistency, it works miraculously well. You can all do it, with time and determination.
                      Wow, no wonder you are proud of her--she deserves it! Now she just needs to start logging her runs here, too! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wow, Jake, thank you for sharing! I'm really in awe of your fiancee. I hope that I can get to that point someday! She's really accomplished some impressive things!

Now that was a bath...

Hey that's really cool Jake! Not to change the subject but, where have you bloody been? It's 12:38, way past your curfew and I've been waiting up. It's been dusty in the corners without you to shake us all up! Claire xxx
                        • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                        • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                            wow, how have I missed this thread for so long!? I just read the whole thing and I don't know what I enjoyed most, the humorous commentary by Jake, or reading the drastic accomplishments of your lady. Sweet! It sorta reminds me of when I first started running when I was dating my dh back in the summer of '91. We had been dating a year and I had gained 30lbs Shocked I would plod along and he'd walk backwards really fast and talk to me. I was torn between being glad he was with me and wanting to punch him. Now he can't keep up with me...he doesn't run more than 4miles at a time. He's been an ocean lifeguard for 25 years and is very protective of his knees. Shy

Jennifer mm#1231

JakeKnight

Hey that's really cool Jake! Not to change the subject but, where have you bloody been?
                              Managing my Internet addiction by replacing it with my running addiction. It seemed to work well. And causing trouble in other dark dusty corners of the universe. I'll be around. How's your body holding up? I know you're running again - how's it going?

JakeKnight

Now she just needs to start logging her runs here, too! Big grin k
                                I've considered taking the time to set it up for her, and post all her prior runs. Not sure if she'd appreciate it or hit me. Speaking of Kelly ... she's on the treadmill at the moment. What a stud. I'm still limping. Yesterday after typing in this thread, I sat on the front porch with a cigar and waited for her to get back. You should have seen her. Tearing down the street like it was on fire. Pretty cool. The only thing I regret about running is not being able to watch other people do it. Like this weekend, I really would have liked to watch Jeff finish the CMM. The girl is running her first half as soon as I can talk her into it, and I'm definitely *not* going to run. I'm going to find out what it's like to hang out with a beer and a lawn chair and watch the crazy people go by. I'll bet its a blast. Smile