Asics Gel Cumulus 16 questions (Read 110 times)

To all,

i just purchased a new pair of Asics Gel Cumulus 16s and have a couple of questions.

1) Does the shoe run a half size small? I have read that they run small but also have read they run true to size. Just curious what others thoughts may be if you have worn them or currently are Wearing them.

2) Do they provide enough support for the mild overpronator? Currently I am running in the GT 2000 version 1. However my local running shop took a gait analysis of me recently and said that a more true cushioned model such as the Cumulus may be a better choice.

i would appreciate it if any of you would share your thoughts. Thanks

JerseeJerry55

I currently rock the Cumulus too, and have had several pairs of them. Personally, i find them to fit true to size and haven't had any fit issues, that's why i keep using the same model of shoe. As far as mildly over pronating, i'm not sure how they will hold up. If the running shoe guy said they're cool for that , then you should be ah-ight

Slo

The Cumulus is an excellent everyday trainer. I've been running in them for several years.

Can't speak for the 16...still too new, haven't hit the sales racks yet but the Cumulus has always been listed as a neutral shoe so "mild" under or over...you should be fine. Sizing, I can't say they run any different than my others shoes so I'll go with tru to size.

Time will tell.

Best Present Ever

I came to this thread just because I was curious about how a person can have 16 questions about a pair of shoes.  Never mind.

hectortrojan

2) Do they provide enough support for the mild overpronator? Currently I am running in the GT 2000 version 1. However my local running shop took a gait analysis of me recently and said that a more true cushioned model such as the Cumulus may be a better choice. 

In terms of pronation control, Cumulus are neutral running shoes where GT 2000 are support shoes. So I think GT 2000 provides more support than Cumulus.

I am wear neutral running shoes and two opposite shoes I were in terms on support are Kinvara TR[Heel (18mm), Forefoot (14mm)] and Hoka One One Stinson Trail [Heel (38mm), Forefoot (32mm)] and I understand how it feels in terms of more cushioned shoes. But I do not understand the relationship between cushioned shoes with pronation control as your local running shop described!

I came to this thread just because I was curious about how a person can have 16 questions about a pair of shoes.  Never mind.

That happens if you have your head in a cloud!

ok, bad play on words.

GTO

I've been running with Asics for 5-6 years. Cumulus 15 for last 3 years now (several pair). I went to try on the Cumulus 16 today and I was really disappointed. The toe box is too small. My big toe wanted to hang over the side of the shoe Sad It felt a little small, but I'm not sure it was 1/2 size or just narrow in the toe. Nimbus are too mushy for me and now I'm at a lost. I didn't like any of the other shoes I tried. Sucks I'll have to settle on something I don't feel comfortable with.

GTO

I've been running with Asics for 5-6 years. Cumulus 15 for last 3 years now (several pair). I went to try on the Cumulus 16 today and I was really disappointed. The toe box is too small. My big toe wanted to hang over the side of the shoe Sad It felt a little small, but I'm not sure it was 1/2 size or just narrow in the toe. Nimbus are too mushy for me and now I'm at a lost. I didn't like any of the other shoes I tried. Sucks I'll have to settle on something I don't feel comfortable with.