San Francisco Nike womens marathon / half (Read 1049 times)

itsonlyme

Confused Does anyone out there know when registration opens for the Nike Womens race in San Francisco? I can't find the date anywhere. I know it sells out VERY quickly every year and was looking for a heads up. I signed up for e-mail alerts three years in a row but never seem to recieve them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Running on the ocean

It seems that registration has not been opened yet for this year's event. You might be best off monitoring the official race website. Unfortunately, they do not say when the 2008 registration opens. Upon searching I found that thefinalsprint.com writes that the registration will be at nikeplus.com/runtogether. I also checked active.com's entry for this event without getting any further info either. And also marathonguide.com does not say anything when and where the registration is. I wish I could have given you better info. I'll keep my eyes out there.

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
      -- Jakob Herrmann
      my running achievements

Running on the ocean

Yeah, your very best shoot is to monitor www.nikeplus.com/runtogether. Within the official events FAQ they write: "Where can I register online? Register here: www.nikeplus.com/runtogether." Moreover, they write: "Nike has partnered with Active.com to handle all registrations." They also write:"If you have questions regarding your Nike+ Women’s Half Marathon registration, how to register, if you successfully registered or anything regarding registration, please contact Active.com at support@active.com or by calling 877-228-4881. If you have questions regarding the Nike+ Women’s Half Marathon event, nikeplus.com or Nike+, please contact Nike+ customer service by calling 1-800-379-6453 or via email at nikeplus@nike.com.".

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
        -- Jakob Herrmann
        my running achievements

itsonlyme

Thanks for the info, I also looked at those sites, I will (try) to keep tabs, I appreciate all the trouble you went to.

Running on the ocean

I've sent an email to active.com asking when the registration pages opens. Today I got the following reply: "Please contact the Event Director of the Nike Women's Marathon with this request as Active.com supports the online registration of events nationwide. It is the Event Director's role to provide its participants with any event date details, as well as answer any event-specific questions. It would also be advisable to check the website of the event as all information will be posted there." Now the funny part is that within Nike event's FAQ, as previously mentioned in here, they write: "If you have questions regarding your Nike+ Women’s Half Marathon registration, how to register, if you successfully registered or anything regarding registration, please contact Active.com at support@active.com or by calling 877-228-4881." Well, that's what I did and active asked me to contact Nike. Confused

-- Jakob Herrmann
            my running achievements

I'm trying to figure this out also! So far, nothing substantial, but will be sure to post if/when I learn anything new
                According to the person who answered the phone at 866-RUN NIKE, registration for the 2008 marathon is by lottery only. You can sign up for the lottery at www.nikemarathon.com between March 4 and March 18.

Amy

itsonlyme

Roll eyes Thank you so much for that information, I will try that when the time comes. I appreciate your getting this info, I couldn't manage to get that far.