Favorite Christmas movie? (Read 453 times)

Wandering Wally

Since we're being flooded with Christmas movies right now, which ones are your favorites?  My top 3 would be:

1)  Christmas Vacation

2)  White Christmas

3)  Polar Express

How about you?

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The original Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Imminent Catastrophe

My two. And check out my avatar.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

dennrunner

1.  It's a Wonderful Life

Not just my favorite Christmas movie, but also my favorite movie period.

2.  Home Alone (the original)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Man, that's a tough one.  Gut reaction is A Christmas Story, just because it's been in my life the longest and has the most memories associated with it, but I may have to think about it some more.

Contenders are Christmas Vacation, Elf, and It's A Wonderful Life.

Do Die Hard and Gremlins count?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

RunJasonRun

It's a Wonderful Life

A Christmas Story

Fanny and Alexander (This is not a "Christmas movie" per se, but there is an amazing Christmas scene through the eyes of children.)

Home Alone

Die Hard

Gremlins

A Midnight Clear (This war movie paints a darker picture of Christmas time, but it's a solid, fascinating flick.)

Christmas Vacation

Cash on Demand

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

Trail Dog

Elf

It's a Wonderful Life

A Christmas Story

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

A Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation

Polar Express

Love Actually

Die Hard

Batman Returns

Home Alone

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Rudolph (Rankin-Bass)

Elf

Christmas Story

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Rudolph (Rankin-Bass)

I don't think of that as a movie, but that's my favoritest of all the holiday specials by far.  Although I must confess that owning it on DVD takes away a little of the magic -- in ancient times, it was an Event to watch the only broadcast of it on TV.  

Speaking of holiday specials, a college favorite was The Grinch (drink every time someone says "who").  

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zonykel

Bad Santa

I don't think of that as a movie, but that's my favoritest of all the holiday specials by far.  Although I must confess that owning it on DVD takes away a little of the magic -- in ancient times, it was an Event to watch the only broadcast of it on TV.  

Our family watched (dvd) last night. I hadn't ever noticed before, but my buddy pointed this out, and now it's my "favorite" part of the movie...

At the end, while Santa is flying and the elf is pushing out all the misfit toys from the sleigh - most of them get umbrellas to hang on to (presumably to break the fall, parachute down to earth, etc.). The one toy who doesn't get an umbrella, and is just pushed off on his own...the bird who can't fly. Involuntary toyslaughter? Needs further investigation.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                          jeffdonahue

+1

I love the part where she is reading his employment card and under age it says   "As old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, we have the DVD, too (and the Monopoly game!!!)...and you are right about it losing some of the magic that way.  And my kid doesn't love it like I always have, which makes me a bit sad.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

Yep, we have the DVD, too (and the Monopoly game!!!)...and you are right about it losing some of the magic that way.  And my kid doesn't love it like I always have, which makes me a bit sad.

My brother used to have a problem because his wife used to love "Titanic" and wanted to watch it every time it was on TV (back when it was on a lot), then a guy at work suggested buying her the DVD.  She hasn't watched it since.  Weird.