A way to see non-race personal bests? (Read 454 times)

Why is it sideways?

Yea, maybe its just me being used a different site and wanting to migrate everything here. I understand the more seasoned runners probably would not have a need for it. I can live with it either way, I will just have to make sure I do the occasional time trial and mark it as a race from time to time.

Just do what Mikey says in the post on the previous page! Smile

mikeymike

Wouldn't this also make all of your "PR" for a certain distance come from a slightly longer run? Basically this function gives you a flying start for each distance.

Although, I guess if you're not interested in racing and are running for fitness then how you come off the line and get up to speed is irreverent and steady-state running becomes the more important factor.

I probably wouldn't use it, but it is an interesting idea for a new function.

Angry Chicken!!

Runners run

ninian

Thats what I meant, but I have to make sure I run exact distances first. I cant right now as I never just run 5KM, if I am trying to beat a previous 5KM time I would run 1KM to start then the 5km then the last km to kind of cool off. I would keep my watch running the entire time as I knew the other site would pick the best 5km from that time. Right now on this site I would only see the 7KM time.

Anyhow, thanks everyone for the replies! Smile

Just do what Mikey says in the post on the previous page! Smile

an amazing likeness

Thats what I meant, but I have to make sure I run exact distances first. I cant right now as I never just run 5KM, if I am trying to beat a previous 5KM time I would run 1KM to start then the 5km then the last km to kind of cool off. I would keep my watch running the entire time as I knew the other site would pick the best 5km from that time. Right now on this site I would only see the 7KM time.

No lap function on your watch ?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

ninian

Yes, I have each lap set to 1KM. But it would count a 7km run as 7 laps. I can manually figure it out easy enough, thats not the issue.

an amazing likeness

Yes, I have each lap set to 1KM. But it would count a 7km run as 7 laps. I can manually figure it out easy enough, thats not the issue.

I was actually thinking jog warm-up, press lap, run 5KM, press lap, cool-down, press stop.  Your workout then has three separate pace sections.

Your idea may have merit, I'm not trying to talk you out of it....not my intent....just pondering.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Angry Chicken!!

I used to just be chicken until I met Bash and BadDawg at the Saturday Porter Square run, they showed me the hills in Arlington Heights...those are enough to turn anyone angry Smile

(Sorry for going completely tangential to the thread).