Oscar Pistorius (Blade Runner) Arrested (Read 549 times)

JimR

I stand corrected. There seems to be a lot I still have to learn about those CFLs before I make the switch from my current NFLs.

Don't knock the CFLs.  You get to have a big rockin' man-cave event in November, then do it again in January.

JimR

New band name.

okay, that made me guffaw

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My understanding is that the prosecution has conceded that it was inappropriate to say that the substances they found were testosterone or illegal. From the report I heard, the defense was both scathing and pretty effective so far.

It gets weirder.  The lead investigator on the case has been fired, and is himself facing seven charges of attempted murder.

Ostrich runner

I'm betting after all of this is done, Pistorius walks.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Really?  Dang, I hope not.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zonykel

The puns keep on coming. Smile

Ostrich runner

Really?  Dang, I hope not.

I'm not really basing that on anything. If Pistorius had kept his mouth shut for a few days, he'd probably have a better chance. It's clear now that the SA police are stupid and corrupt enough that he'd be able to find significant problems with the case. We already know that they were giving bad/incomplete info to the media and that the cop on the scene had murder charges against him and was still on the job.

Ostrich runner

The puns keep on coming. Smile

Heh.

Feeling the growl again

I'm not really basing that on anything. If Pistorius had kept his mouth shut for a few days, he'd probably have a better chance. It's clear now that the SA police are stupid and corrupt enough that he'd be able to find significant problems with the case. We already know that they were giving bad/incomplete info to the media and that the cop on the scene had murder charges against him and was still on the job.

Ah.  I get it.  I was thinking more what he deserves than the legal implications of a police cluster on the case.  Totally agree with your assessment.

But even if they just take his account...I find it hard for him to get less then the US equivalent for manslaughter on that, unless they plead it to avoid looking like idiots in a trial?

And yeah, the pun went right over my head.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Sounds like he's got a crack defense team.  Might be another O.J.

Post deleted.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

He's been granted bail.

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

He's been granted bail.

I wonder if he'll bail.

Not at it at all. 

Not dead. Yet.

He's been granted bail.

I bet they kept his legs as insurance.  He won't get far.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Right on Hereford...

A good friend of mine has been working on "the biggest thing since the light bulb":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&gl=US&client=mv-google&v=jnVw0doTbJ4&nomobile=1

One of these could have saved Reeva's life, had it been switched on during the "confusion".