Capri/knee-length tights recommendations? (Read 681 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm starting to consider what "outfits" to pack for my marathon in early Oct. Weather could be anywhere from 40s to 70s at race start and maybe 50s to 80s at finish. So I will probably be packing a short-sleeve shirt and skirt for a warm day, but if it's cold I am thinking potentially long sleeves and knee-length "knicker" tights. I'm sort of eyeballing a pair of Sugoi Jackie tights, but wonder if anyone else has a recommendation. I also like the Pearl Izumi Chase knicker, but I have a similar pair of PI compression tights that I like...except for how high they come in the waist. Eventually it always seems to bind. I'm guessing that the Chase knicker is also too high-waisted, like mom jeans (yuck). I like the tights that have a roomy zip pocket on the back for carrying gels and my inhaler in the event that I decide to forgo wearing my Amphipod belt.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I just bought a pair of these from the Champion website. I haven't worn them yet because it is still to hot, but they fit comfortably. There is a zipper pocket in the back, but I definitely wouldn't call it roomy.
        I just bought a pair of these from the Champion website. I haven't worn them yet because it is still to hot, but they fit comfortably. There is a zipper pocket in the back, but I definitely wouldn't call it roomy.
        My favorite capri tights are from Target! Much more comfortable than the expensive Nike ones I have.
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
          I have Two Pair of Under Armour ones that have a nice roomy zip pocket on the right hip/glute area... I have been wearing them even in hot weather, because I have such chaffing issues.... they were expensive though, around 45 dollars a pair....

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

pitrunner

I have Two Pair of Under Armour ones that have a nice roomy zip pocket on the right hip/glute area... I have been wearing them even in hot weather, because I have such chaffing issues.... they were expensive though, around 45 dollars a pair....
            I was going to recommed these too. I love them for fall/early spring running and also for spinning class. They're low waisted too, Kirsten. With a wide, flat band.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I have these...are they kind of mid-calf length? I do like them, but they tend to want to ride down my hips even when I have the drawstring tied fairly snuggly. They are almost too big (Champion/C9 stuff always seems to run large). I'm going to look for those UA ones...hopefully I can even try them on first.

~ Sarah Kay

Zoom, DH got mine from REI.... not sure if you have those in the larger cities close to you, but you may find them at a place like Dicks sporting goods also.... They have a great low rise waist, and are super comfy, they are a little on the long side though.... for me at least. Good Luck! Hard to believe it's almost time to start thinking about fall gear.... Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ended up getting these Nike tights: Shortest inseam without being "shorts"...also has a rear zip pocket and the inseam looks fairly low. I also found a long-sleeve top in that same pale blue, so that will be my "cold" outfit. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Double IPA Please!

did you order those online? If so where? I like the look of those and with the summer going as fast as it has gone Sad the fall will be here quickly..

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ordered them right from Nike's site. Zappos has them, but they charge $5 more than everyone else. REI also has them, but only in solid black. Not sure if this link will take you to the actual page or not (Nike's site is friggin' annoying with a ton of flash instead of plain HTML): Nike Store

~ Sarah Kay