Run Marathons? You’re Probably a Jerk! (Read 849 times)

Mishka-old log

The jackholes on letsrun are idiots. That part is well established.
    Hey, I'm one of those jackholes. I don't post there much, but I do try to avoid being an idiot though. But, even though the article is a joke, the 84% might not be too far off. Or maybe I just spend too much time on letsrun.
    Scout7

Yeah, I saw the thread, but there's no way I was flipping through it to see.
        From the comments after the article: "I must say that this article is completely speculative until you can prove otherwise ... Vast research? 84%?, what qualifies someone as elite? Does their logging on to letsrun make them elite? what makes them assholes?" I just love that this guy gets indignant and skeptical about the scientific merits of a fake study in a made-up news article. Awesome. You can't make this stuff up. Unless the poster was deliberately trying to satirize a typical naîve response to satire. In which case it would be beyond genius.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

XS, and all this on the day Vonnegut left us. Priceless.
            LOOP <---> here I am. Confused </--->

Jennifer mm#1231

XS, and all this on the day Vonnegut left us. Priceless.
              Ha! Nice post. The great absurdity of it all lives on.
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

LOOP <---> here I am. Confused</--->
                (The marathoners are Jerks blog was a farce)
                  I'm crushed that this is fake. All my life I've wanted to be called an elitist running jerk. However, everyone keeps leaving off the "elitist running" part.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

I'm crushed that this is fake. All my life I've wanted to be called an elitist running jerk. However, everyone keeps leaving off the "elitist running" part.
                    Berner!! There you are. I was wondering where you've been. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Michelle

Wasn't there a news story a few months back had the same elitist feel as the posts on letsrun? It had something to do with the fact that races with 1000s of slower runners was bad for the sport. It definitely got people's feathers ruffled.
                        OIC! Tongue hook.line.sinker.

Jennifer mm#1231

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Keiman. You are an elitist running jerk.