Every time I start to think trail running sounds fun... (Read 723 times)

Needs more cowbell!

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

How scary, and sad.

Michelle

ugh. that's really sad. I was online last night trying to find trails near me to run but the longest is 2.5 miles long. And that's super long. I just feel like I'd spend that entire 2.5 miles running from some imaginary (or real!) attacker! And I'm not typically scared for my personal safety any other time. I just know that noone would hear or see me for a long time.
        Jennifer mm#1231

Needs more cowbell!

We have an awesome paved rail trail in our area that I sometimes run on, but I make sure to go during times of day when there are other runners and cyclists out there or run it with a friend. It's still a little unnerving. Even running backroads can make me edgy when the occasional car or truck driven by a guy or a couple of guys slows down a little too much and I'm not directly in sight of any other cars or houses. I'm not really sure how I will train for a marathon next year without doing some long runs out in the boonies...maybe lots of circles around the same big rural block. k

'14 Goals:

The voice of mile 18

I'm not really sure how I will train for a marathon next year without doing some long runs out in the boonies...maybe lots of circles around the same big rural block. k
            not an expert in such things but if you're prepared you'll be fine bring a cell phone and a slower running partner Wink
            4/18 Rutgers Half Marathon 7/20 Antrhacite Olympic Tri 9/25 chesapeakeman Ultra distance Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy http://community.active.com/people/Joe_h1/blog

Imminent Catastrophe

Never hurts to carry pepper spray too, for human or canine predators.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014

Needs more cowbell!

Never hurts to carry pepper spray too, for human or canine predators.
                Yeah, I always bring my phone, but I think I need to be better about carrying my little thing of pepper spray. I wish tazers were legal...then some nefarious dude could scream "don't taze me, bro!" Tongue k

'14 Goals:

The voice of mile 18

Yeah, I always bring my phone, but I think I need to be better about carrying my little thing of pepper spray. I wish tazers were legal...then some nefarious dude could scream "don't taze me, bro!" Tongue k
                  I'd double check the pepper spray. i'm pretty sure it isn't legal everywhere
                  4/18 Rutgers Half Marathon 7/20 Antrhacite Olympic Tri 9/25 chesapeakeman Ultra distance Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy http://community.active.com/people/Joe_h1/blog

Imminent Catastrophe

Then again, as the old saying goes, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014

Needs more cowbell!

I'd double check the pepper spray. i'm pretty sure it isn't legal everywhere
                      Yeah, but tazers are scarier! Big grin k

'14 Goals:

The voice of mile 18

now if you really want to scare them: http://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Cattle-Prod_W0QQitemZ200167486580QQihZ010QQcategoryZ31470QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I ain't no lawyer but am pretty sure this isnt' legal either

Needs more cowbell!

I ain't no lawyer but am pretty sure this isnt' legal either
                          The legal stuff is never as fun...

'14 Goals:

Several months ago I saw a story on the news about a couple getting all slashed up by another biker in Dallas. Crazy.

Vim