The whole Boston jacket thing (Read 1785 times)

And she Don't Give a F... About Her Bad Reputation!

That's what she ( I ) said. Sorta.
    LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I have not read the whole thread myself

But I see 4 reasons not to get a Boston Jacket

1)  The occomplishment means nothing to you (Personally)

2)  You hate to draw attention to yourself

3)  You feel its a waste of money - You can find much cheaper jackets

4)  You hate souveners

I am sure there are more - But all 4 apply to me

I can sympathize with the majority of people that really want a Boston Jacket - For my sister it will be a joyous occassion - Year's worth of work.  She is not really a look at me person - But loves souveners.  There are many, many reasons to get a Boston Jacket ...

When I decide to buy stuff, it isn't because I think someone else will think its cool or not - Screw everyone - I get stuff because I want it.

You think too much about it.

Well, maybe the whole Boston jacket thing isn't appropriate for your sister.  The marathon means a lot to her, yet she doesn't want to draw attention to herself.  Why not forget about the jacket and instead display her medal nicely but discreetly in her home?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Well, maybe the whole Boston jacket thing isn't appropriate for your sister.  The marathon means a lot to her, yet she doesn't want to draw attention to herself.  Why not forget about the jacket and instead display her medal nicely but discreetly in her home?

Or wear it around her forehead as a ... (ok, I don't know what the word is)

Here's a picture to convey the idea:

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

When I volunteered at the Boston number pickup a few years ago, someone holding a gigantic pile of Boston swag asked if they could buy the lanyard on my volunteer tag. I guess they'd already bought everything else. Feck wad? Douche? You decide.

Unless you need it the day of (or the day after) the race, wait and order the jacket a few days after the race when it goes on super sale.

Or wear it around her forehead as a ... (ok, I don't know what the word is)

Superman 2 villain? 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

xor

Ok, now that we've made it to page 12, can someone explain to me the term "feckwad" and whether its use conveys a level of douchiness in situ?

bhearn

It means whatever we want it to mean... we are the definitive source on the interwebs.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=what+is+a+feckwad

I'm thinking it's basically feckless + fuckwad.

xor

That is awesome.  Ha.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Look, stop screwing around and tell me what the word is for jewelry that a woman wears on her forehead?

I'm just not buying "superman 2 villain" as the answer.

xor

A bindi.

As interpreted by Flava Flav.

bhearn

A feckwad.
                        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Look, stop screwing around and tell me what the word is for jewelry that a woman wears on her forehead?

1. superman 2 villain
                          2. bindi
                          3. feckwad

Ok, I think I want to throw out #1 as unlikely. That gets me down to two. I can't remember the rule -- if you can narrow the multiple-choices down to two, then it is better to go ahead and guess, instead of wasting more time trying to figure it out?

xor

Hold please.  It isn't a "bindi" per se.  It is a bindi as interpreted by Flava Flav.  That's a much different kind of thing.

No fecking.

It isn't a word, it's a phrase. "Forehead jewelry". Which does beg the question, is there afthead jewelry?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

No Talent Drips

It isn't a word, it's a phrase. "Forehead jewelry". Which does beg the question, is there afthead jewelry?

No it doesn't...which doesn't beg the question, are you a bigger feckwad for this common mistake, or am I the bigger feckwad (one word, both times) for pointing it out?

Where my popsicles at?

Dei Gratia