The whole Boston jacket thing (Read 1785 times)

xhristopher

I'm starting to think I need a Boston jacket for cycling.

What! The 10 million page thread on the subject did not deter you?

FB and RA unite....

Big grin 

Nope, this thread did not deter me. Ordered my jacket today.

Michelle

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Just for the ignorant amongst us (such as myself), who are these guys?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

Dude on the left is "The Sam Adams guy".  (Jim Koch)

Dude on the right is some guy who used to run NYCM and Boston.  Bill something.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Bill Rodgers?   (Seriously, if I knew what he looked like, I wouldn't be asking.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Wait, I can't wear cycling kit when I run?  My Gore jacket set me back -- I'm wearing that thing everywhere!

So did my Sidi's, but I do remove the cleats.  Suckers are slippery.

Queen of 3rd Place

Bill Rodgers?   (Seriously, if I knew what he looked like, I wouldn't be asking.)

Yeah, I'd recognize that spaced-out face anywhere. One of the things I love about the guy. Smile

I bought that intense jacket. No one will shoot me accidentally during deer season if I'm wearing it, right? 

Ex runner

xor

Apparently in Maine they might.

No Talent Drips

Not accidentally.

Dei Gratia

henryc

Apparently in Maine they might.

So Mainiacs shoot runners and run over writers. Does that sound correct?

I'm Betty if you're Al

So Mainiacs shoot runners and run over writers. Does that sound correct?

Only if they drive Mini-Vans.  Those people are crazy!

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

ultramarathon/triathlete

I was wearing my jacket Wednesday night, walking home from the subway after work when an older guy (early 60s maybe?) approached me and and asked if I ran Boston or just had the jacket.  

I said I ran in 2011 and will again in 2013 and he started to tell me all about his love for running and years trying to qualify for Boston, getting closer and closer.  He was really excited to talk about it and made my 10 minute walk home really nice. 

I don't think he thought I was a douche. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                          Gatorade Endurance Team

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I was wearing my jacket Wednesday night, walking home from the subway after work when an older guy (early 60s maybe?) approached me and and asked if I ran Boston or just had the jacket.  

I said I ran in 2011 and will again in 2013 and he started to tell me all about his love for running and years trying to qualify for Boston, getting closer and closer.  He was really excited to talk about it and made my 10 minute walk home really nice. 

Yeah, if you're wearing it not for the purpose of exhibiting your superiority, but rather as a conversation starter, I think it's excellent.

DoppleBock

This makes sense to me

Either the Boston Marathon is special to you or it's not.  Most people that have worked hard to finally qualify it is special.  Some people who could qualify everytime find it special.  The people who do not feel it is special to them are not as interested.  I am not saying the race is not special (History + I understand why it is special to millions) ... Its just not special to me personally - So no jacket.

This gentelman definately considers the race special to him. 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Do they really run out?  I didn't want to buy one now in case I don't like it close up, I figured I could get one on race day.

Did I miss why Perry is now flat?