The whole Boston jacket thing (Read 1785 times)

I'm Betty if you're Al

Quote from srlopez on 3/27/2012 at 10:46 AM:

I wear my American River 50 jacket to marathons. I plan on wearing my Boston Jacket (pre-purchased, hanging in closet) to ultras.  I want everyone to sing kumbiya.

I love that song!

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's gonna be going through my head the rest of the day.  Thanks, guys!

xor

Ali... bumaye!  Ali... bumaye!

Queen of 3rd Place

I wear my American River 50 jacket to marathons. I plan on wearing my Boston Jacket (pre-purchased, hanging in closet) to ultras.  I want everyone to sing kumbiya.

I'm so glad to have your guidance on these things. Blush

Ex runner

Imminent Catastrophe

Given the choice of an AR50 jacket or Boston, I'd prefer the AR50. Much more exclusive. If I were you I'd wear the AR50 jacket and the Boston ballcap. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Queen of 3rd Place

I really loved that they hand you the AR50 jacket at the finish line. I had no idea we were getting jackets so that was doubly-exciting. Almost got a little weepy until my buddy said "There's no CRYING in running!!".

Ex runner

xor

We didn't have to pay extra for that Sweet Jacket either.

Plus we got a buff.

I gave it to my Badwater friend so she could have "a thingie to put ice in".

I saw "the jacket" on sale at Terminal A at Logan Airport yesterday.  I did not buy it.

Kumbaya.

Runners run

Julia1971

I wear my Army 10 Miler jacket to brag about my internet connection.  I have a feeling most runners don't realize how inferior they should feel but if there's just one runner with dial up that feels ashamed, the $100 was worth it.

xor

I wear my Army 10 Miler jacket to brag about my internet connection.  I have a feeling most runners don't realize how inferior they should feel but if there's just one runner with dial up that feels ashamed, the $100 was worth it.

Hahahaha.

Folks wearing their personalized Flying Monkey shirts all over the country are nodding.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ohhh. Now I get it.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Julia1971

Ohhh. Now I get it.

I start each day drinking coffee from my Cherry Blossom coffee mug.  Cool  (I wish running were more like NASCAR).

I really loved that they hand you the AR50 jacket at the finish line. I had no idea we were getting jackets so that was doubly-exciting. Almost got a little weepy until my buddy said "There's no CRYING in running!!".

I've only done one 50 miler. Everybody got a shirt. They gave a jacket to finishers only, and it was just like that, right when you crossed the line. I'd be sort of bummed if I lost my Boston jacket, but I'm sure I could find another one to buy if I really wanted to. I'd be super bummed if I lost that 50 mile finisher jacket.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

jpdeaux

I've only done one 50 miler. Everybody got a shirt. They gave a jacket to finishers only, and it was just like that, right when you crossed the line. I'd be sort of bummed if I lost my Boston jacket, but I'm sure I could find another one to buy if I really wanted to. I'd be super bummed if I lost that 50 mile finisher jacket.

And with the weather we had this winter, that was my go-to jacket all season. Yes, they handed you a jacket as you crossed the finish line. But if you weren't fast enough, you did not necessarily get a jacket in your proper size. But on cold, windy days I can appreciate that the sleeves actually hide my hands.

This weekend I will get my "free" 2012 BAA Boston Marathon Volunteer jacket after stuffing about 7000 of your goodie bags for four hours.