The whole Boston jacket thing (Read 1785 times)

OMG! If only my hair looked like that when I ran! And I'm talking about Farrahs hair, not Lees Wink Though his is great too!!

I have hair like that.  Photos don't do it justice -- it's much more majestic in person.

You are talking about chest hair, right?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

vegefrog

I have hair like that.  Photos don't do it justice -- it's much more majestic in person.

You are talking about chest hair, right?

LOL. Of course! You should totally rock that 3/4 unzipped look for your next race in that case!!

vegefrog

Hey...aren't you the guy who was all up in people's shit about wearing running skirts?  Huh.

I wear running skirts. I used to laugh. Now I live by them. They seriously cut down on chafing!!!

But I wouldn't wear a Boston running skirt...mostly because I couldn't qualify for one!!

Seriously, if I see someone at a race wearing a Boston Marathon Jacket my automatic assumption is that they qualified and that makes them awesome in my mind. I had no idea that you could just buy one online, or that the charity and team runners could by them as well.

Sooo...I think if you wear that jacket to another race or anywhere really, you better be prepared to answer some marathon training questions and have the times to back it up. I am a newb, but fairly informed and I will expect a full race report and training tips Smile Especially if there is beer anywhere near the event that I see you wearing it @.

Kalsarikännit

I am in absolute awe of that picture for two reasons:  First, Farrah's hair.  It is amazing.  I would live out every day in glorious bliss if I could get my hair to do that when I run.

The other thing?  White running shorts.  Bad idea.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xhristopher

New Rule. No drinking this unless you qualify.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

No.  And don't wear a 100 mile shirt to a 5k.  Read the rules.*

The exception is if you become a legend in your sport.  Then you can do whatever you damn well want.

At the risk, nay, certainty, of sounding ignorant, who is this?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

The other thing?  White running shorts.  Bad idea.

Can you issue a ruling on yellow (gold)?  Preferably while I-- er, my friend still has time to return my-- er, his yellow (gold) shorts.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

bhearn

Kalsarikännit

AP, that is Eric Clifton.  He still races, but he was dominant in the 90's.  He still has CR's and some of the top times at some big races.  13:16 at Rocky Raccoon.  That is crazy.

Kalsarikännit

Can you issue a ruling on yellow (gold)?  Preferably while I-- er, my friend still has time to return my-- er, his yellow (gold) shorts.

Shiney Go...

Turbolegs

AP, that is Eric Clifton.  He still races, but he was dominant in the 90's.  He still has CR's and some of the top times at some big races.  13:16 at Rocky Raccoon.  That is crazy.

And if memory serves me right, he won Badwater atleast once as well ..

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Imminent Catastrophe

Sorry folks, but the attitude seems to be that those buying a silly jacket and wearing it places are douches. 

I get this a lot with my Flying Monkey shirt.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

I get this a lot with my Flying Monkey shirt.

Running the monkey makes you a douche.  What you do with the shirt is irrelevant.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Do you know what is the story with the photo on the right of that page, of a guy in skirt (and I can't tell what are on his feet)? Is that him?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

So, OP.....did you order the jacket yet?